Board index Webportal Spam ]

Lucid Dreaming

Author

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 01 Sep 2010, 21:33

I believe in extraterrestrial life, but I don't really believe in aliens constantly visiting us and kidnapping people.
These close encounters are probably top secret military programs, the aircrafts some might see on the sky are new technology and I'm sure it's ours and not ET's.
The universe as we know it is so huge that many of us can't even imagine it. It's full of billions of galaxies which include more billions of stars many of which come with planets.
I'm sure we're not alone, there have to be other planets somewhere with some sort of life on them. And I think we're not too far from discovering extraterrestrial life, even in our own solar system we can find signs of it. Look it up: Life on Titan. Nothing's proven yet, maybe won't be either, it's just the numbers that matter so much. Solar system, 8 planets, dozens of moons. 1 of the planets has life on it, one of the moons could have life on it, and it's just the beginning. Imagine that there's this slight chance for life in all galaxies, all stars. We can not be alone.

Skilgannon wrote:It is a coincedence though, just on a cosmically large scale. We're here by pure luck. Proof? Mars. metabolic end product used to be habitable.

~DJ~ wrote:oh my god, are you serious? that's your opinion? That it's a coincedence on a cosmically large scale?

!!!! NO. NOOB

If you're thinking in a scientific and rational way, Skilgannon is right. Physically it's just a coincidence, our planet is one of thousands and millions of other planets. This planet was lucky enough to survive disasters that could've erased life completely. But even our planet is not fully protected, just think about dinosaurs, they're extinct because there was some sort of giant natural disaster, probably a meteor shower or something like that. It's proven that meteors, comets that are coming our way will be slowly deflected by other, bigger planets such as Saturnus or Jupiter because they're larger and they have a bigger influence to gravity.
However if you believe in the greater cause and God who created all of this, my argument might not exactly convince you. I personally don't believe in this, I've said this before on this forum that in my opinion mankind has reached a point where we need to face the facts and make our conclusion, there's no God who created Adam and Eve, there's no ancient greek gods and stuff like that, we have our own little planet with great scientists who seem to prove religion wrong every day. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against religion, it unites people, guards peace etc, but we need to grow up and accept the rational facts and stop believing in superstitions and tales.

Check out this great article about comparsion in sizes in the universe. I was stunned on first read. http://didyouknow.org/the-size-of-the-s ... omparison/ But it's all logical. Some stars are even bigger than our entire solar system!

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby ~DJ~ » 01 Sep 2010, 22:12

derp i'll reply when i can, will edit tis post

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 01 Sep 2010, 22:17

Ok, since DJ is still thinking about religion and his point of existence, i'll state some plain FACTS

A simple reason that we did not discover extraterrestrial lifeforms yet is the incredible size of the universe.
Due to the physical restrictions of speed, the distances are simply far too large for a journey.
The universe is approximately 14 billion years old.. so you can assume (minding the fact that universe expansion decreases),
that its diameter is approx 20 billion light years.
Even with space ships that get close to the speed of light,
it could take a million years or more to find signs of extraterrestrial civilization.

on a sci-fi note..

USS Voyager would have needed almost 73 years to travel the 75000 light years back to home.. flying with warp 8, which is effectively approx 1000 times faster than light speed.
Now if you could fly with that speed, it would still take about 970 years for the journey of a million light years.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby synthetic » 01 Sep 2010, 22:58

We wont get anywhere by traveling at the speed of light, and even different warp cores wont do much on a larger scale. What we need is to build what Einstein and the likes only thought about.

As for organized religion Ill wipe my ass with it. Its no different from Mafia. People are spiritual and somewhat religious since birth and well have some kind of prayers or rituals even as we fly the spaceships, but they can shove their allmighty hand, that covered the tiny earth and placed all kind of crap here, up their butts.

Last edited by synthetic on 01 Sep 2010, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby ~DJ~ » 01 Sep 2010, 23:00

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:religion

no. I just stated that THIS CAN'T BE COINCIDENCE MUST BE SOMETHING, i dint said god or anything

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 01 Sep 2010, 23:25

That SOMETHING is very imprecise, MAET!

Hidden wrote:We wont get anywhere by traveling at the speed of light, and even different warp cores wont do much on a larger scale. What we need is to build what Einstein and the likes only thought about.

Even if it's possible.. there's yet another reason why we won't find other civilizations.
The interval between the upraise and the downfall of a civilization is small compared to the age of the universe.
There might have existed several civilizations before us already and there might exist several ones after us as well.
The chance that two civilizations meet up which are in a comparable state of evolution goes to the min.

Hidden wrote:As for organized religion Ill wipe my ass with it. Its no different from Mafia. People are spiritual and somewhat religious since birth and well have some kind of prayers or rituals even as we fly the spaceships, but they can shove their allmighty hand, that covered the tiny earth and placed all kind of crap here, up their butts.

In my eyes the problem of religion is not the belief, but the intolerance towards other religions.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby synthetic » 01 Sep 2010, 23:37

I agree what you said about meeting a culture at equal level of evolution, however the entire point of suspecting that life exists elsewhere in universe is based on the hypothesis that life exists simultaneously all over the universe, and may well exist at different levels of intelligence. However it is rather ridiculous to assume that we are going to touch down at someone's airport to shake their hands and discuss Hawking's radiation..

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 02 Sep 2010, 14:35

Today's technology doesn't allow us to travel significant distances in the universe but mind the fact that some hundred years ago even flying was impossible. It's only been a couple decades since we have our own spacecrafts on low earth orbit and on other planets, give it a couple more decades and our current thoughts about physically traveling to other planets or solar systems will change completely. For instance think about curving space and time, stuff like that. It's the future.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby Skilgannon » 02 Sep 2010, 19:56

~DJ~ wrote:
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:religion

no. I just stated that THIS CAN'T BE COINCIDENCE MUST BE SOMETHING, i dint said god or anything

It is. Chance. We just happen to be in the right place, with the right ingredients, at the right time. Same as any other life bearing planet out there.

* Since when were you the one in control?
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 05 Sep 2010, 14:39

get fucked agnostic.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby Skilgannon » 05 Sep 2010, 15:28

I'd say get fucked you dat der cat lick, but you probably worship booze more. <3

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby synthetic » 05 Sep 2010, 23:54

He worships penis

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby Skilgannon » 06 Sep 2010, 21:12

Ah, I stand corrected.

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby Kuchcik » 07 Sep 2010, 16:14

fuk u skil

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Lucid Dreaming - Postby Skilgannon » 08 Sep 2010, 20:34

Lulwut? What the hell's your issue now? Other than just being a general troll?

Return to Spam