Board index Webportal Spam ]

RAM

Author
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

RAM - Postby Mastakilla » 28 Nov 2012, 14:31

Computer wont boot, just beeps

Reseat memory, works again

Days later, PC wont boot to bios properly until I turn the computer on and off a few times

Later, PC reboots itself when trying to load windows, even in safe mode or even the repair modes

Is my memory failing me? *love* YOU RAM.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: RAM - Postby [FGS]Chees » 28 Nov 2012, 14:48

That just happened to me...2 weeks ago just before my cpu fan fell off hitting the graphics card. before the damage happened and the system kept shutting down I noticed the system had a virus so got rid of it problem was solved. Check your system is clean of crap like that before you start buying new ram, and hopefully your cpu fan is fixed properly unlike mine was :-D

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: RAM - Postby Mastakilla » 28 Nov 2012, 15:46

And that's why we put computers on their sides when working on them DUR! :-D

Yeah I had a virus a while back and my computer hasn't been the same since, I kinda got rid of the virus but I don't think I fixed it entirely. I can't install avast anti-virus either because it wont boot afterwards until I get rid of it in safe mode. (That's why I think I didn't get rid of the virus properly, lol) I should just reinstal windows 7 but I can't do that either because my DVD-drive is broken too!

At least I can run Malwarebytes anti-malware.

Oh the joys of computers.
I guess I'll just have to do my best to extend the life of this computer as long as possible.
Any pro-tips welcome!

The problem I have is that once I get my computer booted properly and it seems to be running fine, I get complacent and just leave it, even though I know in the back of my mind something is not 100% right with it :-D

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: RAM - Postby [FGS]Chees » 28 Nov 2012, 16:40

And that's why we put computers on their sides when working on them DUR! :-D

So do I Dur!...the cpu fell off when the pc was running and I was mapping at the time! hence the major internal damage...now fixed.

I would back up data you want do a fresh OS install and major updates (leave the back up of files off for now) and see if it still happens. If it does, test each hardware device individually in the PC until you find the broken/half arsed working part. Could be your HD dying tbh! or like you said the virus is still there or in fact you have a new one that you are unaware of.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: RAM - Postby Mastakilla » 29 Nov 2012, 15:47

So I just took out a 2nd stick, down to 4gb ram from 8 now, 4 I can still live with, just hope it wont go down to 2 :-D
Gonna lower voltage probably, I think power supply might be killing off my ram? Can't think of anything else.
Either that or my mobo is misbehaving and if that's the case I'll just wait 'till it dies (though it's not the slots that are faulty, it's the sticks). Will try diff power supply when I has the moneys, but really it's gonna be a pain to test things out as the crashes just happen over time, I can go a week without a crash before pc stats misbehaving, then I tweak it around a bit till it works and it cooperates until the next week, lol.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: RAM - Postby Mastakilla » 29 Nov 2012, 15:53

Everytime I think I'm figuring things out they get more complicated! For some reason I'm enjoying the challenge of keeping this thing running, though. :oops:

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: RAM - Postby Mastakilla » 29 Nov 2012, 16:37

Back up to 6gb now! lmao, just tried the "faulty" stick on it's own, and it seems to be working.

GAH WHY YO CONFUSE ME

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: RAM - Postby [FGS]Chees » 29 Nov 2012, 16:57

Haha sounds like my older PC that I drop kicked out a 3rd story window :-D
Good luck with it Mastakilla.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: RAM - Postby Mastakilla » 29 Nov 2012, 17:13

The only parts worth keeping, the CPU and GPU are doing fine, so I guess soon I'll dropkick this one to hell too.

Return to Spam