Nostalgia

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Nostalgia - Postby Alessi » 06 Oct 2014, 12:21

Awwh guys I'm having a moment. :oops:

Missing the days when we used to play on servers such as CageMatch, Altfire, WW2 and of course, how could I forget the endless nights I used to spend playing on the FGS 0-Aug server. Where did it all go? :(

To be honest I'm grateful I managed to get at least one good year out of this game..seems like the numbers decreased much more after I left (coincidentally of course) so yeah, lucky me that I got to see it before it went to complete sh*t.

I'm also grateful that I managed to meet a bunch of awesome peeps like you :-D wouldn't have been the same without each and every one of you (ok maybe besides one or two people but they aren't here so no worries)!! Hope things are going well for all of you!

Yup, I miss everything and everyone, just wanted to share that *sniff*..long live DXMP :-)

Here's some brotherly love for you all - <3 <3 :bwahaha:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Nostalgia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Oct 2014, 15:27

Well said Alessi.

Miss all the nutters on DXMP as well as the spammers, haters and complainers. :-D

PREQUEL

Re: Nostalgia - Postby PREQUEL » 06 Oct 2014, 15:35

[FGS]Chees wrote:Well said Alessi.

Miss all the nutters on DXMP as well as the spammers, haters and complainers. :-D

Are you serious? O_o

By the way, the random 140 pinger spammer/insulter/nickstealer is often seen in these weeks. Also Julian will never leave too :D

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Nostalgia - Postby Cozmo » 06 Oct 2014, 18:34

'sup Alessi :-D yeah I miss the chilled out evening games on Chinny's server too

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Nostalgia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Oct 2014, 19:51

I take that back. I don't mind the moaning of others but the non stop repetitive spam in game was annoying!

Chinny should start up the FGS 0 aug server again that was epic.
Miss the good old days of dxmp.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Nostalgia - Postby TheWolf » 06 Oct 2014, 23:31

I miss playing on the old edh and dios servers

Ingame: Sev
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Nostalgia - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 07 Oct 2014, 00:11

I miss DXSG, BTDM, 0aug and Altfire:(

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Nostalgia - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 Oct 2014, 19:44

I liked Machete's server, Hey's server and WW2 recently. Tried to play Altfire DXSG but often quiet when I tried. Good to see you!

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Nostalgia - Postby anax » 08 Oct 2014, 01:57

i miss actual DXMP (Augs) *is attacked by pitchfork weilding mob* :bwahaha:

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Nostalgia - Postby synthetic » 08 Oct 2014, 18:09

Well games and mods being what they are, you get nostalgic about moments. Any mod gametype or server has had that potential to offer those moments. I kind of miss being a noob and not understanding anything about the game, and just looking at super awesome names like OnyX or GodSpeed or DownTime and thinking those guys mean business. DXMP is such an emo game that you are overloaded with interesting moments. How many remember a fight club DownTime set up in uhh.. 2005. AdultSwim remembers it, every time he comes back to DXMP he asks what that was about. My answer is always the same: I have no clue, and I was one of the active recruiters for it. :bwahaha:

Or Dastardly making castles with metal crates during serious games.. or what looked like serious to me at the time. Or DTS server that uhh.. some guy used to host. Or even summoning servers on normal maps.

I think that while practically the entire game was and has been a failure, those that accepted it became religiously loyal to it, seeding much drama and the small scale giving the sense of power to any individual with ability to gather a group. It is not wrong to say that practically each and every larger and stronger clan in DXMP played their own game, in their own server with their own settings. I get nostalgic about such a dramatic little community.. you don't see it in a larger developer guided game.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Nostalgia - Postby anax » 10 Oct 2014, 00:45

it's kind of like all the old kids were circled around a game and the younger kids, past like 2005, arrive too late when the game already finished and there's just a leftovers rotting in the shadows.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Nostalgia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Oct 2014, 00:53

I hate the fact I missed the old days of DX. Had the game when it first came out but never knew the MP patch was available back then with a 56K dial up and all, cant use the phone when the internet is being used! so it sat on my shelf for years and corroded so had to download it in torrent and now spent more time mapping and playing DXMP than I spent at secondary/high school and wouldn't change a thing if I could. \:D/

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Nostalgia - Postby synthetic » 11 Oct 2014, 10:57

[FGS]Chees wrote:I hate the fact I missed the old days of DX. Had the game when it first came out but never knew the MP patch was available back then with a 56K dial up and all, cant use the phone when the internet is being used! so it sat on my shelf for years and corroded so had to download it in torrent and now spent more time mapping and playing DXMP than I spent at secondary/high school and wouldn't change a thing if I could. \:D/

Yeah, same here, except I didn't even have a dial up. Got net connection since 2004 and started investigating what games can be played online. I was very surprised that Deus Ex had a multiplayer lol.

I think I had something like 70kb isdn or some kind of cable connection of that speed, that got slowly upgraded to 120kb by ISP over the next years. It was better than all the 56ers and even the odd 24kb player like Grier back then.

I remember how Raiden upgraded net and instantly became one of top 0augers in the game, then Conceited did the same late 2004 or early 2005. But both of those guys had years and years of hardcore practice with dial up and probably fairly crap pcs.

I think I even remember playing Nobody in 0augs, although I saw his orgmate Bean more.. and at some point I even recruited Bean and his brother Daemon to my nemesis clan.

I remember a lot of things about DXMP, maybe more than many others, but your own clan mate Mastakilla has played ~2 years longer than me, or rather he started before me. He likely has a few funny stories. I remember we got along very well, perhaps better than I got along with most. :alc:

Triad 2005 january ATDM ADM marathon was friggin special too.. it just gathered so many famous veteran names to one server for hard games, some of whom I didn't reckognize even. I think at least one of the aliases (and top players at that) was DejaVu, but even 9 years later I'm not entirely sure. It was also first and pretty much last time I saw what skill Messiah had. It is hard to describe but.. it was very special games lasting hours. It prompted me to make that large clan list and learn about DXMP clanning history.

Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Re: Nostalgia - Postby Alessi » 14 Oct 2014, 16:04

Nice to see everyone being able to share some positive thoughts about the past. Whether there have been hard times and a lot of bs (as we all know there has), it still doesn't change the fact that you will find yourself missing this game in one way or another. Good to see some of you are still alive and posting stuff here and there!

And some very deep and complex posts on here too!...Good good! :bwahaha:

Return to Spam