Board index Webportal Spam ]

I'm back, baby!

Author
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

I'm back, baby! - Postby Skilgannon » 19 Dec 2015, 20:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9q70zCJYBc

What's up? What'd I miss? What's going on with everyone?

Nobody, Sassy, Shadow, it's been too long.

* Since when were you the one in control?
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 19 Dec 2015, 22:06

Hiya and welcome!

..Welcome to the desert of oblivion where only Nobody is left to welcome you back! 8-[
I'm still hosting the servers.. they're empty tho. #-o

What was your trigger to give the board a visit? :o

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby Skilgannon » 19 Dec 2015, 22:22

Not sure. Was sat here, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, in my head:

"You know where you haven't been for awhile? FGS."

Cue "Nowthat'sanameI'venotheardinalongtime.jpg".

Probably got jostled out of the old memory banks by Revision finally releasing a little while ago. Just took this long to filter down because I'm about as quick thinking as a glacier. Memories of good times from around here. Getting in fights with Fear, learning and eventually taking over from Prophet, that friendly scrim I organised with Sassy, getting good enough that randoms were hackusing me, annoying and getting annoyed by kuchcik... good times.

How's it hanging on your end? Did GameSpy finally going breasts wreak much havoc around here? I seem to recall the masterserver being hosted by them.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 19 Dec 2015, 22:48

Ahh, I see. Sudden thoughts are the best ones! :)

So yeah, gamespy is down for quite a while now.
Players were still joining over the alternative masterservers but that seems to be over now as well.
Even the flame wars and metabolic end product storms have stopped here a while ago.. note sure how long.. I've somehow lost track of time. :ney:
The only entities that are regularly posting here yet are the SPAMBOTS! 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby Skilgannon » 20 Dec 2015, 01:35

Ah, that's a shame. I could do with some good old AltFire. Guess I'll have to settle for some UT99 instead. Or just play on an empty server. :ney:

What sort of games are people playing here nowadays, anyway? I sort of drifted off to UrT, back in the day, but the clan I was with eventually drifted apart and died. Sad end to a group that, at one time, had one of the most popular EU servers going (by the admin's word, at least). Ended up playing quite a bit of TF2, but these days, I keep mostly to single-player stuff, unless I'm playing Titanfall. Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 are holding my attention at the moment.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 20 Dec 2015, 04:26

oh hey there old fellas

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby [FGS]Chees » 20 Dec 2015, 16:21

Should be a game active on December 26th. I'll be on dx servers waiting for players to join.
On a normal day there are a few dx players on UrT servers and I'm on there almost everyday if dx is empty! [FGS]Chees (me!) [DD]Lucky. Darko. [R]Unknown and a few old Deus Ex player with different tags are active on the UrT servers.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby Skilgannon » 20 Dec 2015, 18:25

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:oh hey there old fellas

'Sup, Bigfoot?

[FGS]Chees wrote:Should be a game active on December 26th. I'll be on dx servers waiting for players to join.
On a normal day there are a few dx players on UrT servers and I'm on there almost everyday if dx is empty! [FGS]Chees (me!) [DD]Lucky. Darko. [R]Unknown and a few old Deus Ex player with different tags are active on the UrT servers.

Boxing day? Doubt I'll be busy then, might look into getting online. I don't even have UrT installed anymore. Kinda lost interest after my clan died, I think they changed something in the game that turned me off, and I don't even know if my UrT passport is valid still. Might be worth a look again, though. Is the game particularly active, still? Or has attendance dropped off?

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby [FGS]Chees » 20 Dec 2015, 21:57

I lost my passport for UrT so made a new one last week and yeah it's very busy compared to DX servers.

''I think they changed something in the game that turned me off'' Well not sure what that might have been but each server has different settings so pick and choose to your liking I guess. Would be great to see you on both DX and UrT servers :)
urt servers [TNG] Low grav fun on most times and Drunkennoobs server and 4.2 no bots servers I play on.
Any Deus Ex server with players I'll join given the lack of them this year!!

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: I'm back, baby! - Postby Skilgannon » 21 Dec 2015, 02:38

[FGS]Chees wrote:''I think they changed something in the game that turned me off'' Well not sure what that might have been but each server has different settings so pick and choose to your liking I guess. Would be great to see you on both DX and UrT servers :)

Yeah, I don't even remember. Maybe it was just the cack-handed way they rolled out 4.2, or something. I seem to recall there being a general discontent among a lot of people, because of... reasons. I forget what, exactly (it's been 5 years, after all), but it resulted in a lot of servers not updating to the new game version, and I think it's what killed our server.

Keep an eye out for me, anyway. If I remember/find the time, I'll most likely be going by the name "Idsertian". I haven't gone by Skilgannon for probably 3 or 4 years, now. Crikey O'Blimey.

EDIT: Well, *love* my ass and call me Mable. Seems my old clan admin's put up a new server. http://www.urbanferrets.com/fwabg-lives-again

To paraphrase my opening quote in this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh1rpjlw8xA

Return to Spam