Board index Downloads Deus Ex ]

[Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Brazil

[Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby DxPlayer » 19 Sep 2009, 00:44

DeusEx RPG vehicles mod

Hello dudes,
My friend WCCC is developing a mod which allows using cars in DeusEx (no, it is not Dj's car mod or any other car mod, the code is 100% original from Wccc).
The cars support upgrades (using a rpg-like system), armory and give the player real-time information about the car state in a window.
The driving style is first person, the driver see from the car's front.

Check out a video of the testing here:
http://www.xfire.com/video/13fbd5/

Helicopter:
http://www.xfire.com/video/142399/

The final version is going to have cars from real-life, like Lamborghinis etc...

This mod IS NOT an opponent to Dj's one, the driving style is different and the focus is being used in RPG servers.
When released, we recomend you play them both.

Cya dudes =).

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 19 Sep 2009, 01:03

I have watched the video, it will be interesting to play it when it's done. Good luck!

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby ~DJ~ » 19 Sep 2009, 09:35

Good luck!

Reminds me to update mine one too, but meh, anyway, this looks like it's walking in air, not flying, kinda VERY walking like, you should fix stuff (@ WCCC)

Anyway, as I said, good luck :D

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby chin.democ. » 19 Sep 2009, 13:43

:tank:

:matrix:

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby Jima B » 19 Sep 2009, 14:42

Need to decrease friction or something of the like to allow the drivers to glide to a stop. :(

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby Tidus » 20 Sep 2009, 16:41

Looks very interessting.
Hope u can destroy all the Vehicles, when u plan to put them in MP :-D

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
WCCC
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby WCCC » 21 Sep 2009, 06:46

:evil: due to recent tests under DXMP conditions, the rpg like system of upgrading and buying part is f*cked. it used a car to window system and i tried making it work the other way around and allowing it in the cars repli, but that didnt work for god knows why... so instead cars will just have preset weapons and stats in DXMP, so far there are 4 types of guns(including the new repeater weapon) and 3 types of vehicles (van, helicopter, ridable dragon-greasel thing) and probably some more on their way, i will probably make two new videos soon and post the links here about the new weapon and the new ridable vehicle. current stats are for each weapon are as follows:
Assault Gun: 1 shot spread, 5 damage per round, maximum of 10 rounds per second, red muzzle flash, 500 ammo per gun
Assault Shotgun: 5 pellet spread, 6 damage per pellet, maximum of 1.81 rounds per second, green muzzle flash, 150 ammo per gun
Machine RPG: 1 shot spread, 100 damage per rocket with a blast radius of 80, maximum of 4.16 rounds per second, no muzzle flash, 100 ammo per gun
Repeater: 6 shot spread(25% worse accuracy), 8 damage per pellet, maximum of 1.33 rounds per second, blue muzzle flash, 100 ammo per gun

please note that all weapons are dual wielded and all weapons have unlimited ammo in DXMP

also, ive been getting cleanup errors in multiplayer, this is the last thing preventing me from releasing it in mp. Any help would be much appreaciated , and I'd be glad to give you anyone who helps some credit. The mod will be protected but will be released with enough source for others to easily make custom vehicles.

With many :D's, WCCC

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby Mastakilla » 21 Sep 2009, 10:52

Very well done on the coding of this stuff, but seriously DX isn't the game for vehicles
It really looks crap and it's not even your fault because you did a wonderful job on your part

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 21 Sep 2009, 10:58

WCCC wrote::evil: due to recent tests under DXMP conditions, the rpg like system of upgrading and buying part is f*cked. it used a car to window system and i tried making it work the other way around and allowing it in the cars repli, but that didnt work for god knows why...

Windows are a client side issue.
They need to be opened by server->client functions and settings, relevant for the server need to be passed to the server over client->server functions.
Also, this remote function calling just works if the actor, which functions get called are owned by a corresponding player.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 21 Sep 2009, 12:16

I agree with Nobody...!

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby ~DJ~ » 21 Sep 2009, 13:59

Yeah! WCCC listen to Nobody, Nobody helps!

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
WCCC
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby WCCC » 21 Sep 2009, 18:41

Thanks for your concern nobody, and I used to have errors with things like that, but the problem is that the vehicles have constantly updating data, which is read through a function that has a return string property. However, the data is sent through a tick function to the window, but in DXMP this isn't allowed. So I tried making the window read the function and set it that way, but because windows are extension objects and not actors, they don't have a tick function, leading me to a dead end. I do however, have mp windows set up that don't have constantly updating data, but instead tell you your control setup and have a control interface. The bug problem I am having is something related to cleanup issues, it causes crashing to clients but strangely not to the server.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 23 Sep 2009, 17:33

According to your Tick problem... windows don't have a tick function, that's right.. but they have something much better!
They have a function called AddTimer.. :wink:

Code: Select all
native(1490) final function int AddTimer(float timeout, optional bool bLoop, optional int clientData, optional name functionName);

So.. you could make the vehicle to replicate all required information (properties) to the client and the window updates them on its display elements (or whatever you have there) within the timer function..
An example for the AddTimer function..

in one function you call..
AddTimer(0.5,true,,'UpdateInfo');

Then you create a function in the same class you called Addtimer
function UpdateInfo()
{
   //update stuff here
}

Now the engine will call UpdateInfo every half second (repeating) for instance..

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
WCCC
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby WCCC » 27 Sep 2009, 07:02

wow thanks nobody, but its probably also less laggy having the cars process less information each second, now I'm also getting accessed none errors from my tick function because some parts require an MSCarDriver, such as updating the players position. I've done everything from is "(MSCarDriver == None) return;" to separating everything off into functions that check that themselves, but i keep getting tick errors and it spams the log with errors, this is another critical bug i need some help with, any suggestions?

Also, chinny, I loved the destroyable cars idea, so I installed a destruction system today. take a gander: http://www.xfire.com/video/14d2b6/

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: [Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2 - Postby chin.democ. » 28 Sep 2009, 15:28

Now I'd be torn between driving or blowing them up, decisions....decisions.... :bazooka: :tank:

Return to Deus Ex