Board index Downloads Deus Ex ]

UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby hydra235 » 14 Apr 2012, 23:49

You guys probably already are using this but I did not saw a topic of this so ( And I'm just trying to help ofcourse ) ;

Alright, this is just a protip for anyone who wants to make a mod in Deus Ex, this will really save you lots of stupid human errors ( Like forgetting a bracket or something like that ) and makes your code just way more clear.

Just download Notepad++ ( This is just an advanced version of the normal notepad you have on your pc ) here : http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/

And then just follow these simple steps to install the unrealscript syntax highlighter:

1. Download the plugin here: http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/temp/UnrealScript.zip
2. Open the file with a program and extract the 'UnrealScript.xml' file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs ( Or C:\Program Files \Notepad++\plugins\APIs , or whatever, you get the point )
3. Open a .uc and click on 'Language' (Which is above the toolbar) and select 'UnrealScript' near the bottom.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

Simple like that, now go, make me a mod where you explode a LAM there will be boobies!

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby Magus » 15 Apr 2012, 13:27

This is one of the first threads I've seen in some time that actually has useful content instead of worthless bickering. Bravo!

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 Apr 2012, 17:15

you can't beat worthless bickering for traffic, but this kind of topic makes me actually get around to learning it. Thanks.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby Poor » 15 Apr 2012, 17:29

I'm used to using plain old notepad but thanks for this!

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby atrey65789 » 15 Apr 2012, 19:16

@Poor

LOL but Notepad++ actually highlights mistakes that you made, plus you can use it for several other scripting languages.

@This topic

Yeah, I've always had NP++, and was trying to find a way to find something like this. Thanks!

hydra235
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby hydra235 » 15 Apr 2012, 21:47

No problem guys, glad I could help.

Maybe sticky this topic? Just to help those modders out here ( If there still are some left, haha )

Flintof

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby Flintof » 04 May 2012, 13:08

System: Post deleted - Nothing to see here!

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby ~DJ~ » 04 May 2012, 16:41

Poor wrote:I'm used to using plain old notepad but thanks for this!

Haha, same. Notepad FTW!
but that's awesome. :-D

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 09 May 2012, 22:03

Notepad sucks.
If you use such a program then Notepad++!

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[DXA]avatar
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby [DXA]avatar » 10 May 2012, 19:48

mm do you recommend visual studio or this?

avatar, I'm gonna HUNT you down with my FGS-Sentinels! :P
~][FGS][Nobody~
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: UnrealScript Syntax Highlighting; Some help for coders - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 10 May 2012, 19:57

I think visual studio is unsuitable for UnrealScript.. unless there's a good plugin.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Deus Ex