Board index Downloads Deus Ex ]

Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Alvind » 17 Feb 2014, 21:26

For those unfamiliar with this, there is a Deus Ex Human Revolution inspired multiplayer being developed for the Unity engine. Things are progressing greatly. This will be available across multiple platforms and there has already been a port to android for testing.

http://www.moddb.com/games/dehr-multiplayer-mod

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby bamz0rz » 17 Feb 2014, 21:29

yes! this looks like a great facelift for multiplayer, and hopefully, this engine is easier to mod, and we don't have to worry about eidos restrictions on uploading and distributing

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Alvind » 17 Feb 2014, 21:36

Yeah bar the obvious copyright issues, everything is "inspired" by DEHR. im guessing the name will be changed and distributed for free. It is intended that maps can be designed by anyone. wouldnt it be cool to have an original dx level in there somewhere? :D

bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby bamz0rz » 17 Feb 2014, 22:19

well, i'm sure we shouldn't run into any copyright issues, as its' non profit, and the people creating it could always change the name slightly,

like i just heard of a legit company called "dumb starbucks" lol, and they are allowed to use starbucks's name legally because it's considered a parody.

anyways, i hope this gets released soon. can't wait to play DXMP_Smoogler and DXMP_Sighlo lol

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby atrey65789 » 18 Feb 2014, 02:31

Dumb dumb question, But is this for the DXHR Game, or DX1? lol Because you guys are making it sound like it is for DX1.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Alvind » 18 Feb 2014, 02:50

Can creatures not read? :bwahaha: it is for Unity!

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby atrey65789 » 18 Feb 2014, 03:29

Alvind wrote:Can creatures not read? :bwahaha: it is for Unity!

Unity is an engine. not a game, right?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby ShadowRunner » 18 Feb 2014, 21:06

This is exactly what Cozmo was suggesting.

Either way this is win-win for DEHR fans, I suspect Eidos will either help them or do something better.

Good or bad, they haven't talked to EM yet and also this could be a kickstarter project.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Alvind » 18 Feb 2014, 21:11

atrey65789 wrote:
Alvind wrote:Can creatures not read? :bwahaha: it is for Unity!

Unity is an engine. not a game, right?

Thats correct Atrey!, its an engine/SDK thats pretty common on PC and Mobile platform games.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Mastakilla » 18 Feb 2014, 21:59

ShadowRunner wrote:Good or bad, they haven't talked to EM yet and also this could be a kickstarter project.

Kickstarter wouldn't be a good idea because it would turn this project away from being non profit, which is pretty essential I'm thinking because of all the stolen ideas :-D

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Alvind » 18 Feb 2014, 22:24

Mastakilla wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:Good or bad, they haven't talked to EM yet and also this could be a kickstarter project.

Kickstarter wouldn't be a good idea because it would turn this project away from being non profit, which is pretty essential I'm thinking because of all the stolen ideas :-D

Pretty much spot on about kickstarter but lets not derail the thread with copyright. it is always brought up instead of actually talking about the game itself lol :)

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Tidus » 19 Feb 2014, 00:31

The ultimate question would be:
Does it blend?

Looks awesome though, looking forward to play it someday :D

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Mastakilla » 19 Feb 2014, 01:19

Alvind wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:

Pretty much spot on about kickstarter but lets not derail the thread with copyright. it is always brought up instead of actually talking about the game itself lol :)

Yeah, apologies lol. Very cool project hope it finishes.

Turic
BUG
BUG

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby Turic » 19 Feb 2014, 10:45

bamz0rz wrote:anyways, i hope this gets released soon. can't wait to play DXMP_Smoogler and DXMP_Sighlo lol

hi. if anyone have interests, you can create levels at unity3d and then i will add it to game. and we have some problems with level-designers. Alvin maded a lot of models, i work with graphic and models too, another man works with code. in future i want to make simple level-editor, something like FarCry3, where you just place prefabs (ingame models) at terrain. it will be great for non-skilled users. but anyone can make own map with own models in unity3d even now, i can send test scene with simple fps-controller, help with models, shaders and other things. so, join us)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Feb 2014, 20:47

Didn't know Alvin was involved, that is fantastic.

I take the point about copyright, I just mean to suggest that Turic utilizes Eidos as much as possible, it's mutually beneficial to both in terms of PR, so I would recommend contacting both the marketing and community teams, just to keep them both in the loop, the marketing team will just pass it to community, who may well have lots of ideas. the last time we spoke with them they wanted a timeframe, so they could plan and assist better. Present some sort of timeframe or schedule and it is easier for them to work out how to assist or create PR. Twitter was useful in the first few days, because this kind of project will generate interest in the industry outside Eidos as well, especially from Unity of course. DX3 forums was probably the best source of ideas and asset contributions, I think we may well have met Alvin there, I can't remember.

Return to Deus Ex