Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Apr 2012, 04:57

As I said, 3rd map, you're going to overtake Chinny and I. That's the whole point and I'll be happy to see it. As I said, 2006 and 2007 not many people made many maps, except myself. I made 40-70 by that point and was experimenting a lot with different types of map, so alot of the maps seem less in quality than today's maps. Thing is, players don't see maps in the same way as mappers do. Mappers tend to judge a map via SDK rather than seeing how the player enjoys it. Which is why you can not please everyone in one map ever and why servers will host at least 2 or 3 of the default maps.

There's your BSP error. Congratulations on the smallest BSP error I've ever seen. The BSP is not the problem, it's the bug.

Now I'm pretty sure, you don't need to move the whole scaffolding, but only the edge of the diagonal support that in 2D view, is seemingly not quite where it needs to be.

Also I notice something blue near the pink lol... try making the floor semi, it might work. but first I would move the diagonal support a little, up vertically or closer to the 16 grid line.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Apr 2012, 11:26

Here is where you have a mistake Shadowrunner. that's not the map currently hosted on chins server as i re done the scaffolding in cube so your looking at the map before i done all the changed things that were suggested (over 40+ changes) load the last map i sent you. ;-)

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby atrey65789 » 06 Apr 2012, 16:02

Just....... Wow....

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Apr 2012, 20:45

Ah cool, will check inbox. So the [unlocked] bug has gone then I hope.

Great stuff, you can enter the competition now :D

You're doing really well, it reminds me of the later DXMS maps and those guys mapped 5? map packs. So good effort and great start.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 07 Apr 2012, 00:20

If you seen the bug on Chins server then no it's still there then. Look at the last map I sent you that's the the map currently hosted and everything Should be %100 aligned to grid. I will look myself next week at this bug when I have time.

I might enter this challenge I haven't decided yet. Depending how Yard 8 Beta 2 progresses as I had to remake the whole map! I Will post on Monday if I am.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Apr 2012, 04:52

Ok so it's been hosted more than a week... whats your feed back on this map?
Apart from 1.The bug 2.The smallest BSP in history :bwahaha: 3.Lights on the upper sections. 4. Block player for the outer edges. anything else?
I think this map given the size of it is best suited to Nobody's 0-Grav server... yay or nay?

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby anax » 14 Apr 2012, 05:13

it should be easy to fix if you don't have anything solid cutting across another solid brush and also by setting up vertexes so they lie precisely on the 1.0 grid :)

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Apr 2012, 06:04

The fixes I shouldn't have problems with I just want opinions from players tbh...0-aug or 0-grav or neither..map in the bin situation.

THC Mario
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby THC Mario » 14 Apr 2012, 09:23

could you make it smaller?
The way it is now, its impossible to snipe anything from anywhere

There is no I in suck, only U
>> THC clan <<
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Apr 2012, 11:35

It's not suited to my server I will say, I was playing it in Altfire and it felt perfect for that gametype, the map flowed faster and made alot more sense in Altfire if I can be perfectly blunt with you Chees.

I love the underground sections they seem very moody and Deus Ex like. I can keep it on the 0- Augs server if you want to continue to test for bugs, but then I remember you have/going to set up a server for such things which is a nice idea actually.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Apr 2012, 19:27

Thats fine Chin take it of. Just have it on 0-Grav server.
I have a server for testing maps and only hosted when testing, It shows up in the lan mode not sure about the main server list though.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Apr 2012, 23:17

Ok bug and BSP fixed. Just roof lighting to add then a test toast. Unless anyone else has seen any problems other than stated then I think it might be the the final version release for Nobody's Altfire 0-AUG Server. Thanks for the feed back and help everyone :)
Edit: I meant Altfire 0-Grav Server and a host testing the map not a test toast. wth! hehe

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby anax » 15 Apr 2012, 00:41

but it's not 0 grav yo, players fall eventually. :cool:

I like the map, but probs too large for 0-aug hence why its goin to Altfire heh.

when I'm all done with my 2mb challenge map and my other one I plan to get started on a large map too.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby [FGS]Chees » 15 Apr 2012, 01:00

Right this map is big I admit and for 0 augs it wont work...scaled down or not Anax I replicated this map from pictures and player size true to the size of Concordia Temple in real life. It will never be a mini me version for 0 aug's tbh (ie Mini Dust). It works well on 0-grav server so that's where I will leave it. I had the most fun making this map than any other I have made :D
I look forward to your big map Anax :-D

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 15 Apr 2012, 10:25

Ah cool. Mind that the map must be versionized by now in order to avert version mismatches to the prior version.
Also, I guess it's easier to call the server altfire server instead of 0-grav.. it might be confusing.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Maps