Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXMP_ArabianPalace

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby BBPL » 11 Apr 2012, 22:37

[FGS]Chees wrote:Edit: :-D 10 packages nice. Have you made any of them?

GenFluid.utx, GenFX.utx, HubEffects.utx, SkyCity.utx - these packages are from Unreal
Detail.utx is from DX ofc, music is from PoP, and all other have made by me.

I should take all used textures to one package, but it is a little complicated, because ued sometimes has a problem with "removing texture from map".
Convincing the editor, that it is not there, takes some time :P

btw, thank you for positive opinions ;)

EDIT: Hmmm... I can add ambient sounds, but I dont know what sounds could I add in silent palace. I will think about it :)

Last edited by BBPL on 11 Apr 2012, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Apr 2012, 22:47

LOL UED has a problem with everything the stubborn son of a *.
I really want to play this map mp style, has Chin.Demo said when they would host it?

BBPL
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby BBPL » 11 Apr 2012, 23:12

I do not know which mode is appropriate for this map. Majster suggested altfire because it is quite a large map. While I was making it, tried to adapt the 0-aug. What do you think?

I will try fix bsp holes and add the weapons tomorrow and then 1.00v map will be ready to play I think.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Apr 2012, 23:42

I'm not to sure yet BBPL I will look real close at it tomorrow when I had sleep! I think it's best to test it for a week on what game play you think best and go from there.
I've done the same with Temple Of Concordia on Chin's 0 aug and Nobody's 0 grav servers to see how it pans out hence the beta version of the map. You wont know till you get feed back on what will and wont work on map and what Game play to set it as. + I'm a noob and just my opinion.

EDIT: Add ambient sounds as well IT'S A MUST. ie the Gardens with water flowing from pipes yet i hear nothing and so on. I've been advised to add sounds to my maps and it does bring a map to life. when you feel like you're in a garden with waterfall's/drain pipes flowing sounds it makes for a more realistic place and tbh a nicer map to fight on. Maybe you overlooked sounds like I did at one point but please add ambient sounds.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Apr 2012, 00:23

BBPL wrote:I do not know which mode is appropriate for this map. Majster suggested altfire because it is quite a large map. While I was making it, tried to adapt the 0-aug. What do you think?

I will try fix bsp holes and add the weapons tomorrow and then 1.00v map will be ready to play I think.

DX is full of great surprises, this map is one of them.

If you want some help fixing the BSP, let me know.

I'm interested in maps that could be suitable for the WW2 server and weapons, I'll put the server up and invite you to take a look.

I'm impressed that you supply a very decent amount of screenshots as well.

Great work.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby Magus » 12 Apr 2012, 10:21

BBPL wrote:I should take all used textures to one package, but it is a little complicated, because ued sometimes has a problem with "removing texture from map". Convincing the editor, that it is not there, takes some time :P

You need to remove all instances of the texture from the map and then save it to ensure the dependancy is cleared properly.

You could always import everything into the map itself, but depending on how much custom textures you have that could be tricky...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Apr 2012, 13:53

Quickest way to do this obviously would be to select one example of the texture then select all similar examples and retexture all at once.

BBPL
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby BBPL » 12 Apr 2012, 16:09

ShadowRunner wrote:Quickest way to do this obviously would be to select one example of the texture then select all similar examples and retexture all at once.

I do it each time, but sometimes after reopen map, editor loads again the same package .utx. It was a problem, but I found solution: command "texture cull".

[FGS]Chees wrote:I'm not to sure yet BBPL I will look real close at it tomorrow when I had sleep! I think it's best to test it for a week on what game play you think best and go from there.
I've done the same with Temple Of Concordia on Chin's 0 aug and Nobody's 0 grav servers to see how it pans out hence the beta version of the map. You wont know till you get feed back on what will and wont work on map and what Game play to set it as. + I'm a noob and just my opinion.

[FGS]Chees wrote:EDIT: Add ambient sounds as well IT'S A MUST. ie the Gardens with water flowing from pipes yet i hear nothing and so on. I've been advised to add sounds to my maps and it does bring a map to life. when you feel like you're in a garden with waterfall's/drain pipes flowing sounds it makes for a more realistic place and tbh a nicer map to fight on. Maybe you overlooked sounds like I did at one point but please add ambient sounds.

You're right in both cases.
Ambient sounds will be added.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby Majster » 13 Apr 2012, 20:00

BBPL, nice to see you on FGS forum. :)

Add this map on FGS server(s) right now! :-D

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
BBPL
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby BBPL » 24 Apr 2012, 20:30

The map is finished!

I've added ambient sounds and made a new skybox with "dynamic" sunlight. Hope I fixed all large bsp holes.
BTW, I've deleted a few textures packages and added 2 new packages: SunsetSkybox1 and APTextures.
SunsetSkybox1 contains 96 textures of skybox, why 96? I cut each from 6 textures 1024x1024 to 16 pieces, so you can see skybox with textures 1024x1024.
APTextures contains almost all textures witch I used in map.

Screens: http://imageshack.us/g/99/shot0011va.jpg/

Link to map: http://www.mediafire.com/?vhui6a79fa9f942

Enjoy!

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby chin.democ. » 24 Apr 2012, 20:47

The skybox looks incredible! can I post your map on my little site? I'll add your link if that's ok?

Can we know a little about you/the map, what is it based on? how long did it take? do you have any previous maps? do you intend to do more mapping?

BBPL
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby BBPL » 24 Apr 2012, 21:52

Of course you can :)

I have been creating maps for about 7 years, so I made them many. It was my last project and I think it is the best map I have made, so... naturally, I can show you my other maps, but they are worse than it.

This map is based on locations from Prince of Persia and it took about 1 year, but with large breaks (a few months) because I am lazy :-D or sometimes I don't have any ideas.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby Majster » 24 Apr 2012, 23:20

chin.democ. wrote:Can we know a little about you/the map, what is it based on? how long did it take? do you have any previous maps? do you intend to do more mapping?

He made many good maps (for example great castle, or complex with many tunnels). 8-) I saw few and even I have some on my PC. BBPL made very climatic mine map, I hope he will finish this map.

In my opinion BBPL is one the best mappers is DeusEx.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby Poor » 24 Apr 2012, 23:52

GenFX isn't included. Can someone upload this for me?

BBPL
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_ArabianPalace - Postby BBPL » 24 Apr 2012, 23:57

Last edited by BBPL on 25 Apr 2012, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Maps