Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

BigCity_v1

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 29 Oct 2012, 21:20

So, A big map I am working on, it's a city at night time.

Obviously, Lot of vacency (emptiness) in the map. I ALWAYS TAKE SUGGESTIONS TO ADD STUFF TO MAPS

I have screenshots this time... shocker right? XD

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby Majster » 29 Oct 2012, 22:34

It looks like a RPG map. I like it. Is it finished version? I would add something there, more details. :-D

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 04:47

Not finished... and you guessed... It is indeed an RPG map. It is vacant and I need to fill it up with more buildings and stuff...

Did you have a suggestion?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 14:21

I would say that is the beginning of a really cool map.

My first impressions:

Is the entire train going to be a mover? Is the railway 1 platform or 2 platform, 2 trains. The chinese wood texture on the wall needs to be sized to fit the wall, so the texture is not being chopped off.

Large walls need some detail, outside and inside areas both.

Outside looks good, but need add benches, streetlamps, all the things you would find outdoors in the streets.
Indoors too, walls are large, need some fixtures and fittings on large brush surfaces maybe.

Probably with the very large building walls outside, make subtractions into the window textures that fit the textures perfectly, then make a room behind the window, out of bounds scenery etc. Fire escapes on some buildings, always a back entrance in Deus Ex etc... imagine multiple routes and paths into every area and building. Inside too, stairs or elevator/mover, offer choices etc.

Being the first map I have seen from you, the texturing is generally impressive with two exceptions.
The porch above the green tile building/bar, again the texture needs sizing. I don't like the fact that the building is ONE green tile thick. Also greentile on inside and outside, perhaps not so realistic, especially when it's the same one tile. This probably your biggest error in the screenies. Also the train texturing needs sorting. And as mentioned the wooden wall in the bar needs sizing to fit. Apart from that the rest of the texturing is impressive, the grey overall feel will be quite interesting work quite well I think, like the Otemachi map.

The major thing will be to liven it up with spot colour in the map. Signs and lights that aren't horribly white and bright.
You should be able to figure out the texturing controls in surface properties, but if you need to ask anything just hit me on wherever.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 15:12

Thanks Shadow! I will definately fix those things!!

Now to answer your questions.

ShadowRunner wrote: Is the entire train going to be a mover? Is the railway 1 platform or 2 platform, 2 trains.

The entire train is a mover. Works rather well actually.

The railway is 2 platforms. gonna add another train soon..

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 19:44

I want to ride one train and throw grenades into the other :D

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 19:52

Haha there are NoWeaponZones in some areas...
(And they are different than the ones in Hengsha)

These actually erase your weapons from your inventory, until you leave the zone.. then you get them back.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby Mastakilla » 30 Oct 2012, 20:08

atrey65789 wrote:Haha there are NoWeaponZones in some areas...
(And they are different than the ones in Hengsha)

These actually erase your weapons from your inventory, until you leave the zone.. then you get them back.

Can it be abused by throwing your weapons out into the zone before you walk in, then pick them up once you're inside?

:oops:

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 20:31

It doesn't work like that. It checks every player every millisecond. So it's updating really fast.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 30 Oct 2012, 20:43

Mind, such kind of checks can cause lag due to the excessive execution amount.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 23:04

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Mind, such kind of checks can cause lag due to the excessive execution amount.

Well Its being checked through the tick function.

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 30 Oct 2012, 23:35

Well, nice, but looks a bit weird :D (they are dancing on a giant mattress, there's a huge ATM on the top of a roof)

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 23:41

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Well, nice, but looks a bit weird :D (they are dancing on a giant mattress, there's a huge ATM on the top of a roof)

Well... that "matress" is a dance floor that's still being worked on... That ATM on the top of the roof is a hologram revolving ATM to symbolize that the building it is on top of is a bank. :)

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby chin.democ. » 28 Dec 2012, 17:41

Any updates on this RPG map?

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: BigCity_v1 - Postby atrey65789 » 29 Dec 2012, 03:40

Yes. Actually. I have been workin big time on it.

Still plenty of space to fill with new things. So If ya got somethin ya wanna see tell me lol.

And I added a new Hotel building with a hotel on each floor (7 floors), working shower, sinks, fridge, bed room, etc.

Their are convienence shops and concession stands to buy soda, candy, alcohol, etc.

Banks for players to keep their money, (courtesy of Cozmo)

Gonna finish the Train station, add some more decoration buildings, add storage units for players too keep their extra stuff in a safe location, Working traffic (make it to where if you get hit by a car going at a good speed, ya lose ya legs), Finish the nightclub(s) up, Make a sewer pathway with hidden places to find goodies. Gonna add some more useful buildings for people to do things. Maybe add some new features, hmm probably drivable cars?

New models, Some new weapons, inventory stuff,

No missions as of yet. Determining whether or not to do so, I am not good with plots lol.

Although theres still work to do, I will have my little server up to test stuff that I make to not keep people waiting, (if their are people waiting lol)

Return to Maps