Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

Altfire_Prodigy Map.

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 27 Nov 2012, 02:16

Altfire_Prodigy, Map Originally made by Shadowrunner and one of his very early maps is now being remade by me. About %90 of the map is made to the original layout Shadowrunner had first intended and wanted it to look like, only the brush work is now on grid and textures are aligned where needed and a few alterations to original work so it all fits together nicely (No diss to ya Shadow :wink: ) A very nice map indeed. Keep watching for updates and pics on this and post in the near future. Also post any opinions you have about the map as this will help on the 2nd stage of this project to move forward and the more ideas from the players the better. Tell what you want and would like to see or the opposite of whats currently there. Cheers Chees & Shadow :-D

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby chin.democ. » 27 Nov 2012, 08:56

When your done with this I have some Hengsha interiors for you if you'd like.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby ShadowRunner » 27 Nov 2012, 17:22

To remind the Hengsha mapping team:

The RPG mapping and RPG character/story design won't start until January AFTER the preview, feedback, ideas, new team members, support etc. The team need to sit down, have a beer and figure about the 3 mission giver, givers. How we are going to develop story and missions with these NPC dudes, then map around that. Need to sit down and look at Hengsha first, try to estimate nodage of mapping each level, which levels are going to be included and how they will connect.

It makes no sense to have a team member chasing another team member over the RPG, or weapons, or whatever, when we are days away from releasing the Xmas preview.

Chees is not scheduled until next year, after the preview.

@OP

Thanks for this Chees, it makes the job easier, of tackling a big list of maps that need fixing.

I liked the private test you showed me, I don't really have any dos or don'ts, just to keep the smuggler/prodigy layout probably is good. As I said, visually I think the labs are the weak point, more like a Kitchen.

Thanks for your patience.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby Poor » 27 Nov 2012, 19:26

I'm sure you already considered these but here are my issues with the original map.

1) The area in front of the spawns with the lift that goes into the red hallway. The hallway was just a little too high to jump into and the lift was just a little too high to walk onto. It would take two low gravity jumps to get in the hallway which eats away at my patience.

2) The lab room with all those DeBeers was seldomly used.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 27 Nov 2012, 21:40

No problem Shadowrunner :-D
It's now %100 re mapped to grid with the same textures and same layout as your original map. not bad for a day and half of work but a Headache is now kicking in from it!

@ Poor. Yes the double jump annoyed me as well to get in the tunnel so will change that and redo the lift at the same time, Thanks for the feedback Poor :-D Also will do something with the lab as you both said and also sort the spawns out. Shadow suggested portal spawns to certain areas of the map and sounds like a good idea.

Shadow do you want Prodigy on the Altfire server replaced with this one as it is? It may help in case I missed anything from the original map that was overlooked and can then fix it while I'm doing the new version of it.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby ShadowRunner » 27 Nov 2012, 22:13

Obviously the goal is to replace/update the old map yes please.

I think Poor has a good point. The elevator needs replacing, maybe the lab elevators too. Maybe the de Beers room needs to be a spawnroom or lockdown room or something, In CS it's a bombsite, but not a spawn like the other bombsite. If it's too much work, do as much as you want and I'll be grateful and finish the rest.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 27 Nov 2012, 22:35

I said I would do it and I stick to my word. Like I do with all projects I will keep you updated on whats happening and or thinking of :-D

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby Poor » 28 Nov 2012, 02:44

And make sure you include the tnag EMP prod, NOT the original riot prod. That's the other thing that bugged me about the map.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 28 Nov 2012, 17:31

OK noted and will add it. Cheers Poor never even noticed that :-D

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 03 Jan 2014, 23:56

The new Prodigy edit is released now. I hope you all enjoy it.

A big thanks to [FGS]Shadowrunner and [R]Unknown for helping in the testing and feedback whilst editing Shadows map and thanks to [FGS]Nobody for his coding on certain effects. Much appreciated fellas =D>

Post any feedback little or large it will be resolved asap.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Altfire_Prodigy Map. - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Jan 2014, 12:53

The map is benefiting from it having had time spent on it, something not always possible with altfire maps in the past. All the areas look much better, more detailed and tidier. I'm not sure if it was great to move the spawns from the original CS layout, personally I wouldn't have done this and I'm also wondering if my 80x80 hole in engineering to the labs should be removed, again that is not in the original. It's good to see a modern version, I think it is the best CS map of all and it fits in Black Mesa. I haven't really tested it to the full, but the original dxmp version was so well tested, there's not much to find out probably. Definitely a great effort, would be interesting to see what other CS maps you port in future.

Return to Maps