DXMP_Snow_v2

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

DXMP_Snow_v2 - Postby chin.democ. » 05 Feb 2013, 15:38

DXMP_Snow_v2 is an updated version of DXMP_Snow, changes are as follows;

- General lighting has been altered - Darker hues of blue and more saturated colours, have taken out the whiter shades of lighting throughout the map.

- Changed the white glass "snow" texture throughout the map's floor surface to a bluer varient.

- Replaced eight sided "manholes" with sixteen sided ones.

- Opened up the middle manhole so players can have an additional route to and from the underground section.

- Added a third biobot and a medbot in the underground section.

- Added two wall mounted cabinets on the elevated corners of the map which contain biocell and HE 20mm.

- Skybox has been altered, Moon re-sized, and use of light to give effect of the Moon lighting clouds.

- Replaced custom textured unbreakable small crates with regular textured ones.

- Moved ammocrates (near corner spawns) further away from weapon boards.

- Replaced the three wooden planks, with four slimmer ones, added correct texture when wood is broken.

- Moved position of several crates that are sitting ontop of other crates to give them a more natural look.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Snow_v2 - Postby synthetic » 05 Feb 2013, 17:15

Have you added medkits to the map?

Also, is it possible to add some kind of spring mechanism to manholes in future versions? IE Spirit jumpers or even the mover bug a la bunker door on Silo. Climbing up and down is so slow right now that I don't bother going there at all, when playing seriously.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Snow_v2 - Postby chin.democ. » 05 Feb 2013, 19:29

Yeah this version has medkits, the old one did actually but Blade got a hold of an older version of DXMP_Snow from somewhere, it wasn't the same version of DXMP_Snow I was hosting earlier in the year. :-k

The ladders are a risk, but there is a medbot and a medkit in the underground section so there's reason to go down there (if you didn't spawn there already). There's now a central manhole that is accessible too which should decrease the likely hood of being spotted going to and from the underground section.

Ladder climbing is slow so I don't tend to have long ladders in maps, and usually avoid them altogether.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Snow_v2 - Postby synthetic » 06 Feb 2013, 10:33

Yeah I wondered about medkits, because I seemed to remember how Snow on FGS definitely had nice amount of well-placed medkits, and on THC server I could search myself silly looking for those, at times thinking all the other players keep picking them up -- eventually some other players shared my suspicions that the map simply didnt have medkits.. :-D

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Snow_v2 - Postby chin.democ. » 06 Feb 2013, 11:40

Haha, those medkit grabbers are so awfully persistant!

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: DXMP_Snow_v2 - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 07 Feb 2013, 07:16

It didn't need medkits, it was a bit more interesting to fight without them :matrix:

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!

Return to Maps