Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 Mar 2015, 23:23

Feel free to host this on any server you wish.
Pictures of the map are in the zip file. Enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2o6a2 ... _Beta1.zip

Any problems, issues or fixes that need doing don't hesitate to post them in this topic so they can be fixed, thanks.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 07 Mar 2015, 00:21

Beta 2 will have brighter lighting and the spawns better protected maybe a 3rd spawn as well. Some underground tunnels maybe and the roof of the map taller. Anything else people think needs changing let me know. May add a 2nd turret to.

mikak
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Australia

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby mikak » 07 Mar 2015, 11:36

great map chees! great deus ex feel to it. could easily fit into area betwixt the hells kitchen and terrorist hq map

one main scruple i have however; i found it somewhat difficult to tell where in the map i was, i kept looking at the n/e/s/w part of the hud, the moon is there, which would make a great bearing point, but it's incredibly low, so can't be seen from many areas. a few landmarks (like an instantly eyecatching billboard, or a suspicious rooftop lined with sattelite dishes or some such could alleviate this, or even just raise a few of the buildings a few floors to tower above the others. i got the hang of the map after running a few circuits tho

i'm not quite sure how... but i somehow got pinned down by the turret in a tiny alcove to the rear of the turret truck, it is a pretty good camping spot if you control the turret...

there is one weapon board, upon which is a dragon tooth sword which illuminates the outside of that building with an anomalous blue light...

last qualm; the utility lines and poles... it looks a little bit weird, they abruptly end; 4 lines then only 1 connection to building. couple of extra lines continuing past those terminus posts could fix it

hope that doesn't sound negative. you've made some really nice brushes, especially; i had to fly onto the roof and check out your fine hvac exausts :-D

the map as a whole feels as if it would fit very nicely into the singleplayer campaign.

ohhh yeah, one more thing; i feel there is a great opportunity to overlap this with your recent terro subway map via an inaccessible view of the entrance to the subway

just my take on the situation. keep mapping mate.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 07 Mar 2015, 16:03

Thanks for the feedback mikak, much appreciated.
I'll look back at this when I do a beta 2 version. :-D

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Mar 2015, 00:13

Working on Beta 2 now, cant give an upload date yet. And almost ticked off everything you mentioned mikak.

Will list all the changes made when it's done but might spend extra time on detail and deco in the map.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby anax » 16 Mar 2015, 05:07

Nice work, a bit dark! But good opportunity for urban fighting, I ssuppose there could be room for breakable brick walls to add target areas for LAMS and other explosives. Some water tunnels under those, perhaps, or just make basements inside some buildings and give those water access - maybe there can be a main water area too, for Aqualung. :-D

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 21 Mar 2015, 01:54

I have been working on beta 2 now for 2/3 weeks and trying to add the changes posted + a little extra BOOM for a laugh in a certain building. :-D
An rpg cannon type thing on a roof is proving a pain in gravity non gravity game play and now have total error/crash
if it hits a breakable wall when fired. either way will sort it or delete it! mostly tweaks to do and the underground spawn
tunnels to connect to the rest of the map and tunnels and so on. 2 weeks maybe for release.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby anax » 21 Mar 2015, 07:51

Tunnels are great, especially when sp00ky :matrix:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 25 Mar 2015, 01:11

They sure are Anax . The ambient sounds and triggered sounds in dark tunnels make me jump. Like Temple Of Concordia
map where the Woman screams as you pass scares the hell out of me every time even tho I know it will happen when ya focused on a fight ya still forget about it:-D It's the little things in maps most players overlook that matter... not the score.

Have most things done for Beta 2 and it's an extensive list of changes considering. Need to complete the Underground part which is proving difficult as I was... still am unsure what to do, make it look like or be overall and then link it up to the outside streets as well is very challenging when ya mind blank on ideas.
Have something that maybe ok when done but it's still Beta version so guess I can change anything players don't like.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 29 Apr 2015, 00:34

still a bit to do on the next beta release. I've used tunnels/sewer system to try and attach it to the the rest of the map without making it a massive underground map where players get lost, since there aint to many players these days it's best to avoid that! There will be 4 spawns in total the original 2 above ground and one spawn in a pub on the streets ....chees likes a drink now and then ya all know that :-D and one underground spawn in the sewers which will lead to street level through drains. There will be several new Auto turrets to the sewer access tunnels to protect the spawn underground.They may be changed in beta 3 depending on game play

I will complete this asap but need to attend real life atm, Hospital appointments and surgery and such in the next few weeks. I will get the beta here asap :-D

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby anax » 29 Apr 2015, 14:40

4 Spawns! Sounds great to me mate, look forward to playing on the next beta. Sounds like you could use a few medkits too bud! good luck.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 May 2015, 15:49

Medkits...Noted mate thanks.

Will add about 20 more med kits as it's a biggish map now but does have 2 med bots already above ground and med kits are there ya just have to find them!

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby anax » 05 May 2015, 19:29

[FGS]Chees wrote:Medkits...Noted mate thanks.

Will add about 20 more med kits as it's a biggish map now but does have 2 med bots already above ground and med kits are there ya just have to find them!

Lmao I meant ironically take some medkits for yourself! :bwahaha: But that works too, splatter medkits all over the map, players will scramble for them, I don't think they'd complain :-D

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 May 2015, 19:59

:bwahaha: I'm an idiot mate! Could do with a medkit myself...maybe an eye opener!
and from playing the map in Altfire it could do with more medkits anyway so all in all good call mate :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_UrT_Terrorism_3_Beta1 - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 May 2015, 00:29

I like the Chinny-standard release package and the map and lighting look cool, I couldn't play it and my log didn't make much sense, maybe I have deleted some SP stuff by accident.
I lightened the photos I dunno if that helps.
Looking forwards to playing it.

Return to Maps