Board index Downloads Deus Ex MP Mods ]

[PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby atrey65789 » 08 Aug 2013, 06:49

Tidus wrote:Can you use medkits in the heli? would be kinda weird to heal a heli with... well an first aid kit lol.

All inventory is disabled.. so no :P

Tidus wrote:Also how does it really work, is it like instant max speed or do they speed up slowly (kinda like in GTA) and a bit harder do control like switching the direction.

It speeds up slowly... and I am still trying to find a way to make turning to be realistic.

Tidus wrote:How about heli ammo, do you have them? can you recharge them? when yes, how?

There is an ammo system implemented... Reloads.. and such... There is unlimited.

Tidus wrote:fuel? nah forget this, its annoying anyway :roll:

Yeah, At first, I was thinkin about it, but then I was like "nah" because it would annoy players.

Tidus wrote:Do the helis, if taken down, respawn? When they still fly, do the respawn too?

When I make a map combatible with the choppers, I place spawners in the map... They respawn if
It is destroyed.

Tidus wrote:Is the damage the heli recives and the damage the pilot gets 1:1? or does it takes maybe 2 GEP rockets to get him down.

Yes. What ever amount of damage that occurs to the chopper, goes straight to the pilot and co-pilot.

Tidus wrote:Also can you shoot the windows and headshot the pilot?

I do not belive so, I think all damage in the chopper affects all body parts.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 08 Aug 2013, 08:26

Tidus wrote:Can you use medkits in the heli? would be kinda weird to heal a heli with... well an first aid kit lol.

Also how does it really work, is it like instant max speed or do they speed up slowly (kinda like in GTA) and a bit harder do control like switching the direction.

How about heli ammo, do you have them? can you recharge them? when yes, how?

fuel? nah forget this, its annoying anyway :roll:

Do the helis, if taken down, respawn? When they still fly, do the respawn too?

Is the damage the heli recives and the damage the pilot gets 1:1? or does it takes maybe 2 GEP rockets to get him down.

Also can you shoot the windows and headshot the pilot?

Thats all for now :bwahaha:

Join the server, check it out and you will see. :wink:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby jager774 » 08 Aug 2013, 10:13

This could be used for a pretty awesome war map, like a huge field with a little helibase at the end, and a castle on the other, one team spawns at the castle, the other spawns at the helibase. Just need to add hella lot of breakablewalls into the castle wall and it'll be somewhat realistic >:3

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby chin.democ. » 08 Aug 2013, 11:31

Tidus wrote:So the Co-Pilot can shoot too?
The Pilot can shoot?

Does the Heli have health? Go they boom when they explode? What about air fights :D

I managed to get a good screenshot of a helicopter in pieces after I was hit by the GEP gun :-D , it's on the newsletter.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby Tidus » 08 Aug 2013, 12:53

jager774 wrote:This could be used for a pretty awesome war map, like a huge field with a little helibase at the end, and a castle on the other, one team spawns at the castle, the other spawns at the helibase. Just need to add hella lot of breakablewalls into the castle wall and it'll be somewhat realistic >:3

Yes for the deus ex universum, its an pretty epic improvement, would kinda feel like normal war games (Battlefield, CoD) but with our favorite JC (or Unatco, MJ12,NSF..).

Even just a spawn place or two and rest or the team is just a footsoldier. would be kinda epic. i will check that out soon :D

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby Mastakilla » 10 Aug 2013, 14:27

Can you heal your helicopter with a medbot? lol

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby Mastakilla » 10 Aug 2013, 14:27

Can you heal your helicopter with a medbot? lol

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby atrey65789 » 10 Aug 2013, 15:44

Mastakilla wrote:Can you heal your helicopter with a medbot? lol

What do you think? :-k :-k :-k :-k

No, you can't :P :P

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Aug 2013, 17:49

I don't think so.

Also how does it really work, is it like instant max speed or do they speed up slowly (kinda like in GTA) and a bit harder do control like switching the direction.

I've asked Atrey to reduce forward speed when the descent key is pressed, so it's more realistically landing like chopper.

fuel?

This is 2057, it runs on half a lemon, 2 kg of vegetable oil and doesn't need a mechanic for 24,000 hours of flight. Jock can fly to Hong Kong non-stop remember. The fuel tank is about 8 times as efficient as current fuel capacities.

How is the BEE going?

Can you make one with a sci-fi skin, more like a spaceship, and maybe change the engine sound? This would be good for SG.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: [PREVIEW] Flyable Helicopters - Postby Tidus » 10 Aug 2013, 18:48

ShadowRunner wrote:
This is 2057, it runs on half a lemon, 2 kg of vegetable oil and doesn't need a mechanic for 24,000 hours of flight. Jock can fly to Hong Kong non-stop remember. The fuel tank is about 8 times as efficient as current fuel capacities.

Damn you beat me to that.

Every pilot in 2057 should know, if you are low on lemons you dont start that chopper or it will eventually crash cuz out of fuel.

Are there even 3D models for choppers without running blades? i mean in deus ex, all the choppers are ready to take off, would be weird if they are running nonstop until someone uses it.

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Return to MP Mods