Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex Questions about DeusEx ]

NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running...

Author
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 25 Nov 2010, 15:09

3rd point.. I'm not sure. it doesn't matter. check your log. you'll see it does too. It tries connecting to THREE DEFAULT MASTERSERVERS. They should remain there.. who knows, the old MS might get back. It connects to all three, if one doesn't get connected, it leaves it. It wouldn't cause any problem methinks.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby Magus » 25 Nov 2010, 16:52

ShadowRunner wrote:There were 3 issues.

1. GD had put a firewall in place
2. GD had put command line in the wrong place
3. Old ini was searching for dead masterserver

So I was at least 33% correct with the port forwarding issue (firewalls usually cause that)

Oh, and DJ is correct about the dead MSL thing - it doesn't hurt to leave them in. If it wasn't looking for master0.gamespy.com, then you'd have had a problem :D

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 26 Nov 2010, 00:54

That's interesting because logs ended roughly at the point it couldn't find the MS.

Well it is up and running.

Feary has set it to Smuggler/Lams, which is fun, server is full for hours today.

I've had a request to ban Phantom. It was implied if we don't ban him, everyone else will set framerate high.

SyncR
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby SyncR » 26 Nov 2010, 12:04

i cant play in this new server

Tétrã

Code: Select all
I think they will chicken out like last time. By: Blade
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 26 Nov 2010, 13:02

And you wouldn't mind telling the reason.. Sync?

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
SyncR
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby SyncR » 26 Nov 2010, 13:04

now is good

Tétrã

Code: Select all
I think they will chicken out like last time. By: Blade
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby synthetic » 26 Nov 2010, 18:46

That was me complaining about Phantom. Stuffs ridiculous. He even had the nerve to compliment some beginner on his choice of weaponry, after he was taken down with a flamethrower.

The trick is that the fire bug works both ways -- he indeed shoots faster but then again he also gets hit faster, particularly from environmental effects such as gas or fire or even turret fire. It is also easier to hit the target with fire when compared to something like AR bursts.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 26 Nov 2010, 23:32

Hidden wrote:That was me complaining about Phantom. Stuffs ridiculous. He even had the nerve to compliment some beginner on his choice of weaponry, after he was taken down with a flamethrower.

The trick is that the fire bug works both ways -- he indeed shoots faster but then again he also gets hit faster, particularly from environmental effects such as gas or fire or even turret fire. It is also easier to hit the target with fire when compared to something like AR bursts.

Yes, he just got completely owned on a map with a lot of gas, negative score in fact.
I saw something today for definite. He was probably bugging on the zero aug server in the morning, but later in the afternoon on altfire, he seemed not to be bugging. There was a difference and I noticed it. Now he's even closer to Altfire server than I am, and I am probably the closest person in Deus Ex to GD servers with 33 ping. Yet Zero Aug against him was a lot harder.

So what it means, he definitely can control it when he wants to. Which annoys me and makes me think: Ban.

Several people have asked us to ban him.
Howabout letting him play on altfire, but banning him on Zero-Aug?
Also a player MJ12 seems to fast fire bug too.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby synthetic » 27 Nov 2010, 02:41

MJ12 could be a beginner, unless its an alias. Might not know, or uses it for the same reasons Phantom does.

Phantom can definitely control it and does it on purpose, seeing it as a fair advantage, from what I've understood. He believes we.. "disowned" him if you will.. because he got too good for us; being clixor, chaos and myself along with the others.

Albeit winning all (3-4?) 1on1s against him, couple probably while he was bugging, I do struggle to kill him when he plays like this. I'd see it as a refreshing challenge if it wasn't so blatantly wrong.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 27 Nov 2010, 12:47

MJ12? Naaaaah man.

CounterClockWise (Phantom) is pretty hard in 0augs. But still suxorz on sniper. :-D

That Resident Evil Mod
————

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby synthetic » 27 Nov 2010, 12:53

He is the fastest sniper ive possibly ever seen, likely tied to his hax. His hit rate is also impressive. Whats not impressive however is the place where he hits :-D He relies so much more on pulling off mad fast 2x torso rather than going for the head. The bug allows his sniper to ready itself faster than for others, i think.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 27 Nov 2010, 13:23

wow, once I spent weeks trying to prove [ren] that phantom's bugging and he's bugging on purpose, i was basically told i'm a liar.. hi

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~Blade~ » 27 Nov 2010, 14:08

the sound gives it away for me, I never really noticed it until I started using earphones.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby Mastakilla » 27 Nov 2010, 15:23

My hacks don't lie - Shakira

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby synthetic » 27 Nov 2010, 17:16

I never noticed Phantom cheating while renegades clan was alive. We paid a lot of attention to our newest and most promising member. He was not the type to keep quiet about different exploits. The trouble rose from the fact that his clan mates, me and clixor in particular, did not share his joy of exploiting the firerate, some months after the clan was shut down. I could write a book of the long posts addressed to this frenchman, explaining in detail why you just DONT do that.

Return to Questions about DeusEx