Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex Questions about DeusEx ]

2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby Majster » 31 Jan 2011, 21:10

Hi FGS players,
I have problems with lags on my server. Always are, when someone downloading map. Can it fix?
I host my server on normal PC (is old, 6 years ago was bought). My internet speed is 2mb/s, so not bad (I think).

About clans
I think finally is time for search a clan for me. I am not in clan currently. I play sometimes a few hours in a week. I thnik, I am not so bad. First question is:
1. Do I really should be in clan, or better choice is stay without clan?
If yes, second question is:
2. Which clan I should choose to aply?
THC doesn't for me, because I hate augs. :P XKT wanted me, but I don't know anyone there. In theory FGS is good option, I have friends here. More clans, what I see in game (HUN, EDH) I don't know at all.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby ShadowRunner » 31 Jan 2011, 21:48

Majster wrote:Hi FGS players,
I have problems with lags on my server. Always are, when someone downloading map. Can it fix?
I host my server on normal PC (is old, 6 years ago was bought). My internet speed is 2mb/s, so not bad (I think).

About clans
I think finally is time for search a clan for me. I am not in clan currently. I play sometimes a few hours in a week. I thnik, I am not so bad. First question is:
1. Do I really should be in clan, or better choice is stay without clan?
If yes, second question is:
2. Which clan I should choose to aply?
THC doesn't for me, because I hate augs. :P XKT wanted me, but I don't know anyone there. In theory FGS is good option, I have friends here. More clans, what I see in game (HUN, EDH) I don't know at all.

Hi Majster I know you.
0. 2 mb is standard in many places, but servers in UK must be using 50mb or even 200mb if they are beta testing virgin.
I can only give stupid answer like "host default maps only".

1. Maybe being in a clan pushed me to try to win more. I got some experience of clan war and training and teamwork. Also as a player you can experience a really good feeling when you practiced/trained enough with someone and you both anticipate the enemy and win. That's what I enjoy about being in a clan. But I get that experience with non-clan members too.
For me also as a mapper there are huge benefits of being in a clan. But I can get that too from being in a mapping group.

2. XKT has low standards of application. I watched a try-out. The applicant was still wearing his previous clan's tag. Also Zanza's fire rate issues, possibly one other member too. They do have some good fighters like LostHero and Unknown, but I'd say they are still forming, still quite new, still improving. EDH is good. But again really an aug clan and a kind of advanced [Z] clan for people in DX. I dont know much about Vls or Hun.

I personally would recommend thinking about CG or MTX. They are both Zero Aug. When you meet their members online, they both say "we're dead" but actually not so true, it is worth reviving either clan I would say, both I have a lot of respect for.
If you are looking to join a clan for training and learning, then maybe someone like Echelon could be convinced to kickstart CG etc. Clans have been starting more frequently lately, it would be good to see one that everybody would appreciate.

I'm not saying don't apply for FGS either, just not many people have been successful lately and very few ppl are active in dx servers at the moment, since SG, TREM, DXMPHRMOD etc are keeping us all busy.

Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby 666 » 31 Jan 2011, 22:11

Majster wrote:I host my server on normal PC (is old, 6 years ago was bought). My internet speed is 2mb/s, so not bad (I think).

2Mb/s In download Or Upload ?
To get a good lag even if players downloading map you need at last 1Mb/s in Upload which mean 128 KBIT/S use for download by players .
About your Pc you need P4 With 1GB DDR and 3GHz for Processes as a Minimal Configuration .

~[RTK]FEAR~ wrote:i had a go at people like 666 for ladderbugging, a perfect example of me trying to tell the guy to learn to play

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby Majster » 31 Jan 2011, 23:39

ShadowRunner wrote:2. XKT has low standards of application. I watched a try-out. The applicant was still wearing his previous clan's tag. Also Zanza's fire rate issues, possibly one other member too. They do have some good fighters like LostHero and Unknown, but I'd say they are still forming, still quite new, still improving.

About XKT:
80% time of this match was me vs Oddy and Chees. ^^

ShadowRunner wrote:I personally would recommend thinking about CG or MTX. They are both Zero Aug. When you meet their members online, they both say "we're dead" but actually not so true, it is worth reviving either clan I would say, both I have a lot of respect for.
If you are looking to join a clan for training and learning, then maybe someone like Echelon could be convinced to kickstart CG etc. Clans have been starting more frequently lately, it would be good to see one that everybody would appreciate.

I remember [CG]Malachi and [CG]Majin from GODZ server, they were pretty good. If this clan is alive... I can ask they.

ShadowRunner wrote:I'm not saying don't apply for FGS either, just not many people have been successful lately and very few ppl are active in dx servers at the moment, since SG, TREM, DXMPHRMOD etc are keeping us all busy.

I saw Fear too, he is very good. FGS is good clan, and I respect you. Main reason for join to FGS can be my best friend in DXMP - PolishEagle (or NoName), we both love GODZ server, have our servers with godz settings and have same skill. So, same clan sounds great, but he is inactive. :(

666 wrote:2Mb/s In download Or Upload ?
To get a good lag even if players downloading map you need at last 1Mb/s in Upload which mean 128 KBIT/S use for download by players .
About your Pc you need P4 With 1GB DDR and 3GHz for Processes as a Minimal Configuration .

This site: http://www.speedtest.net/ said it:

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Feb 2011, 00:08

Confused, I thought noname was Kiki, who is active.

I remember [CG]Malachi and [CG]Majin from GODZ server, they were pretty good. If this clan is alive... I can ask they.

I saw two different CG guys and both thought they were the only one. Same with MTX. When some players come back to DX, they use their last clan tag. I've seen this with a few clans. I guess there is void clan, if you can find Jeff/502_RAT

Majin's in another clan I think, but I think some people would be interested in joining. There are probably other clans as well, which need members besides CG. Also did you read our application topic?

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby ~Blade~ » 01 Feb 2011, 16:42

ShadowRunner wrote:I dont know much about Vls or Hun.

too late, vls is dead :oops:

their more active dx players have joined either El or void... i would recommend joining void...cuz i think they have similar kinds of views.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 01 Feb 2011, 17:41

The HUN is not a clan, it menas Hungarians, every new hungarian player is using this tag.

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Feb 2011, 20:37

Oh I see. A bit like [Beer] clan.

I would agree with Blade about Void clan. If you can find Jeff, the leader, it's worth having a chat.
DXMP_Voidcrib details some of their former members. (Including Lionheart lol)

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby Majster » 01 Feb 2011, 20:59

ShadowRunner wrote:Confused, I thought noname was Kiki, who is active.

Kiki use a lot of stragne names. :P Eagle always played as NoName, I thought FGS members know it. ;)

ShadowRunner wrote:if you can find Jeff/502_RAT

502_RAT! :o Best player in DXMP, what I saw. Does he still play?

ShadowRunner wrote:Also did you read our application topic?

Yes. I like FGS rules, I have same in my play. :)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Feb 2011, 23:31

502_RAT! :o Best player in DXMP, what I saw. Does he still play?

Yes but aliases until last 60 seconds usually.

I see Friedman wearing Void clan tag, but seriously doubt that he and Jeff are the same.

You could search a few DX forums and see if he or DWK Baby are still registered anywhere, presumably they have their msn's.

Friedman
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby Friedman » 04 Feb 2011, 03:14

No Im not Jeff.
I asked Exscm to join Void under a different alias, I dont even know if he knows me by my main DX name, Friedman (he knew me by the name Vls_Player0101, sometimes I had the tag Vls_Friedman). Talking about Void, you should see Majin and Excsm wear the tags once in a while, for me, i dont have much time to play the game now :(

I doubt any of the Void veterans still play this game , the only vet left must be Exscm

AceFighterz wrote:my bro is the king of warnings wow holy metabolic end product i wonder if a could compete against him
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby Kuchcik » 05 Feb 2011, 23:24

'Sup Majster.

Obviously, the problem with your server is your upload speed, and there is nothing you can do to improve that, except for changing your ISP (Internet Service Provider). I'm pretty sure there's plenty of good ones in Wroclaw - try Aster, chello or other similar cable providers - they offer very good speeds. Beware though, they use traffic shaping and MIGHT send you complaints if you download torrents. Other than that, I'm pretty sure TP and Netia have high-speed plans there - Netia has 20mpbs if I'm correct.

I didn't knew just until now you live in the Polish Amsterdam. Enjoying your Starbucks? :cool:

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby Majster » 06 Feb 2011, 22:25

Kuchcik wrote:Obviously, the problem with your server is your upload speed, and there is nothing you can do to improve that, except for changing your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

On 2 next years I will have ISP, which I have currently and I can't change it. :evil:
About Wrocław, I live here all my life and I said it on polish forum many times. I love this city, you can come smoke here if you want. :D
Btw. gdzie jest "xD"? :p

About clans.
I will play more in next 2-3 weeks. If I will play well, I will aply to some clan.
I most like CG and FGS, or something Polish, if is.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 13 Feb 2011, 19:58

A change of the ISP doesn't can't defy the physical laws.. I just get 1.5mbit (192kb/s) and that's caused by the distance from the ISP and the quality of the phone cable.

Also.. I thought moop was Void leader.. guys like Jeff appeared later on :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: 2 topics in 1: Downloading maps and about clans in DXMP - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Feb 2011, 00:20

Ah interesting. Well is Moop around? I tried to find him recently. There's a moop on twitter, but it's a common name.

Return to Questions about DeusEx