Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex Questions about DeusEx ]

Computers that dont just get hacked in online matches

Author
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Computers that dont just get hacked in online matches - Postby Mastakilla » 01 Aug 2012, 10:11

[FGS]Chees wrote:Explain it more VexusPwnZj00. I see what you mean in some ways but no 100% sure to give any answer :-D

Your signature makes me dizzy

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Computers that dont just get hacked in online matches - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 01 Aug 2012, 12:50

VexusPwnZj00 wrote:How can I explain it more...?

I can't think of what else to explain...

I want computers (computerpersonal + computersecurity) to function online (in multiplayer matches) as they function offline(in singleplayer mode/maps)...Please tell me if does not explain it fully, cuz if not, then i'm sorry, I can't explain it further...

AHH, Yes, now I got it LOL..
I thought.. wtf is he talking about computer hacking. I didn't think of the computer personal decoration in DX. :oops:

So.. the general problem is a missing replication.
In singleplayer all runs on one machine so it's no problem. In multiplayer, the content of the computerpersonal is stored on the server so it wouldn't show information on the client by default. Replication rules needed to be added explicitly.
The easiest way would be to replicate the account and content arrays, so the login process happens clientside.
Furthermore, the conditional expression that skips the login window for MP needd to be removed.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Computers that dont just get hacked in online matches - Postby chin.democ. » 01 Aug 2012, 12:54

And there's me thinking Nobody was trolling too,......unless is was a double bluff troll thingy....hmm........ :smt017

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Computers that dont just get hacked in online matches - Postby Vexus » 01 Aug 2012, 21:33

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:AHH, Yes, now I got it LOL..
I thought.. wtf is he talking about computer hacking. I didn't think of the computer personal decoration in DX. :oops:

So.. the general problem is a missing replication.
In singleplayer all runs on one machine so it's no problem. In multiplayer, the content of the computerpersonal is stored on the server so it wouldn't show information on the client by default. Replication rules needed to be added explicitly.
The easiest way would be to replicate the account and content arrays, so the login process happens clientside.
Furthermore, the conditional expression that skips the login window for MP needd to be removed.

Ok, so where would I be able to find that source?

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)

Return to Questions about DeusEx