Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex Questions about DeusEx ]

Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx?

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby Vexus » 05 Sep 2012, 03:10

I was reading this

http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopi ... 3&start=30

and I'm wondering what exactly they are talking about... Unreal Ed 2.1? If so, I want to know where I can download this latest version, cuz those updates seem awesome.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby TheWolf » 05 Sep 2012, 03:20

Hi, I don't know if this it what you're looking for but here you go:
http://download.deusexnetwork.com/DX1/e ... ealEd2.zip

This fixes decoration:
http://download.deusexnetwork.com/DX1/e ... for-DX.zip

This changes the file extension from .unr to .dx:
http://download.deusexnetwork.com/DX1/e ... DX-upd.zip

Some things you should know, I think the decoration mis-matches with dx's. I can't really build movers with it, and I can't set the physics of things to none. It just doesn't work. Also there is a shortcut to selecting multiple things. Hold alt and control, then left click and move your mouse. Just like selecting multiple files and folders in windows explorer.

Edit: I found this:
viewtopic.php?p=53388

Ingame: Sev
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby Vexus » 05 Sep 2012, 05:44

Meh, not what I was looking for, thanks tho.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 05 Sep 2012, 06:13

I got UED 2.1, but I use it only to make movers (because you can assign meshes for the movers)

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Sep 2012, 11:08

I generally google and download Deus Ex SDK v1112fm which is the "final version" of DX SDK.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Sep 2012, 11:10

Same as shadowrunner, because me and him are awesome

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Sep 2012, 13:09

Right, because UnrealED1 is simply the latest version that was released.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Sep 2012, 16:32

I use Deus Ex SDK v1112fm as well no problems. Unless I use ued2 and flow back and fourth between the 2 and major bugs happen! ie missing and invisible brush work and brush work bug that sets it off grid in places. Hence why I stick with SDK v1112fm and only use UED2 for terrain editor if needed on the start of a map and thats it :-D
Might just be me that has the bugs!

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby anax » 06 Sep 2012, 17:53

i just use UED1. it's all u need really.

a good image editor is a handy companion for custom textures.

edit:

333 posts ftw, i'm almost evil!

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Sep 2012, 17:54

[FGS]Chees wrote:I use Deus Ex SDK v1112fm as well no problems. Unless I use ued2 ...

SEEMS LEGIT!

Ah, taking things out of context, wunderbar

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby chin.democ. » 06 Sep 2012, 18:35

anax wrote:i just use UED1. it's all u need really.

a good image editor is a handy companion for custom textures.

edit:

333 posts ftw, i'm almost evil!

Half evil, I just stick to UnrealEd1.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby Cozmo » 06 Sep 2012, 19:30

After discovering (a few years too late :oops:) that UED1 does actually have vertex editing (alt+drag), 2 is more risky than useful imo.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Sep 2012, 19:40

Cozmo wrote:After discovering (a few years too late :oops:) that UED1 does actually have vertex editing (alt+drag), 2 is more risky than useful imo.

Yep. I had a few crashes doing that though. I think when making a small triangular shape from a cube. Don't do it. LOL

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Sep 2012, 19:49

Yes, as soon as the edges overlap to the triangle, it will go boom by 80% of cases.. :(

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Latest version of unreal ed that works for dx? - Postby Cozmo » 06 Sep 2012, 21:26

Yeah I got that before, whenever I "hide" a surface. Now for triangles I just edit 3 sided cylinders :-D

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.

Return to Questions about DeusEx