Getting instantly kicked?

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 21 Dec 2015, 23:08

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m68lj ... v152b1.zip

Forget the first link mate download this and do what the read me says.

If you installed from the first link i gave uninstall that and install this one.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 21 Dec 2015, 23:11

Sorry should have posted the second link first but full of cold/flu atm and tired!

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby Skilgannon » 22 Dec 2015, 01:11

[FGS]Chees wrote:Sorry should have posted the second link first but full of cold/flu atm and tired!

Sorry to say, that didn't help. :/

* Since when were you the one in control?
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 22 Dec 2015, 01:20

I'm no expert like others... Like I said. I just play the game and make maps for [FGS] and players tbh.

I would rid Deus Ex off my system and start from scratch installing only that that needs to be installed. Not hard to do I've done it many times this year. and that would rule out many things that maybe at fault.

I'm thinking a range ban on the Altfire server may be why it kicks you. Does it do the same on other servers I wonder!????

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 22 Dec 2015, 01:46

ScriptWarning: MVMutator DXMP_Imperator.MVMutator0
Mutator problem :?

I've helped all I can tbh mate sorry I cant solve the problem I cant do any more when reading log files.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby Skilgannon » 22 Dec 2015, 01:49

[FGS]Chees wrote:I'm no expert like others... Like I said. I just play the game and make maps for [FGS] and players tbh.

I would rid Deus Ex off my system and start from scratch installing only that that needs to be installed. Not hard to do I've done it many times this year. and that would rule out many things that maybe at fault.

I'm thinking a range ban on the Altfire server may be why it kicks you. Does it do the same on other servers I wonder!????

Speaking as an ex-admin (for another game), it wouldn't even let me on the server if I was caught in a range-ban (at least, it shouldn't). It would just tell me straight up to GTFO, rather than let me spawn and then kick me.

To answer your question, it seems that yes, other servers also suffer the same problem. I tried the Wunderland 0-Aug server, Battleground EU and Sunnyside. All did the exact same thing. I'm going to try turning off overlays, then, if that doesn't work, I'll take the sledgehammer approach and un-install and re-install the game and see if that works.

[FGS]Chees wrote:ScriptWarning: MVMutator DXMP_Imperator.MVMutator0
Mutator problem :?

I've helped all I can tbh mate sorry I cant solve the problem I cant do any more when reading log files.

Yeah, no worries mate. If my approach doesn't work, I'll just wait for Nobody to see the topic. Thanks for trying, anywho.

EDIT FOR NOODLEZ: I'm about to to do a reinstall, but while I was faffing around with my overlays, I spotted this little charmer in the top left corner of my screen, in the half-second or so I have on the server before I get dumped back to the menu: http://imgur.com/jOiBIq4 (click the image to blow it up)

Code: Select all
"Invalid RootWindow class, disconnecting"

Sounds pretty serious, so I guess something's broken somewhere in my installation.

FURTHER NOODZ EDIT: Wiped everything DX related. Reinstalled, setup masterserver address, set up controls, graphics, etc, joined. No issues. Gonna add more stuff slowly, see what happens, starting with binds.

PROGRESS EDIT: Binds made, still working. Time to install kenties. As an aside, medbind isn't working. Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong? Copied it from one of those old binds threads.

Aliases[19]=(Command="ActivateBelt 9|onrelease ParseLeftClick",Alias=MedKit)
F=ParseRightClick|ParseRightClick|MedKit|OnRelease ActivateBelt 1

Actual keybind is repeated in both sections, obviously.

FINAL EDIT: Okay, think I nailed it down. Installed kentie's (incidentally, I was running an older version before), set it up, double checked ini's, ran game, joined server. Got "ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0" error, read the thread on that, added -localdata and turned off GUI scaling as per suggested in that thread, can now join server in glorious 1080p and with raw mouse input. GUI is massive and ugly and horrible, but I can live with that if it means I can get a game every now and then. And it's not like I can't turn it back on if I ever want to follow the adventures of Messr Denton.

tl;dr: The GUI scaling in kentie's launcher was probably the issue. Fixed it by turning it off. Need help with getting medbind working, will exchange thanks for fix.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 22 Dec 2015, 12:32

Glad you have most of it fixed as for medbind I just put this next to the key I wanted to use in the user.ini

ParseRightClick|ActivateBelt 9|OnRelease ActivateBelt 2

ie NumPad1=ParseRightClick|ActivateBelt 9|OnRelease ActivateBelt 2

Works like a charm for me.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby Skilgannon » 22 Dec 2015, 15:07

[FGS]Chees wrote:Glad you have most of it fixed as for medbind I just put this next to the key I wanted to use in the user.ini

ParseRightClick|ActivateBelt 9|OnRelease ActivateBelt 2

ie NumPad1=ParseRightClick|ActivateBelt 9|OnRelease ActivateBelt 2

Works like a charm for me.

Looking at that, it seems to miss out a vital part of the bind, though, i.e. using the medkit before swapping it out. No worries, though, I fixed it. Weirdly, the AltFire bind works without copying the alias into both sections, but medbind doesn't. That's why I was having trouble getting it working.

However, I promised thanks in exchange for fix, and since you actually ended up pointing me in the right direction with this: Many thanks.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 26 Dec 2015, 23:31

Oops, since I wasn't on PC since 21st, I saw the topic just now. 8-[
Great that it was resolved! :)

Hmm.. according to medbind.. if it was up to me, medbind would be a ban reason! :mofu:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby Skilgannon » 27 Dec 2015, 16:38

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oops, since I wasn't on PC since 21st, I saw the topic just now. 8-[

Hmm.. according to medbind.. if it was up to me, medbind would be a ban reason! :mofu:

Good thing it ain't up to you then, ain't it, Noodz? :P

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Getting instantly kicked? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 27 Dec 2015, 18:57

Skilgannon wrote:
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oops, since I wasn't on PC since 21st, I saw the topic just now. 8-[

Good thing it ain't up to you then, ain't it, Noodz? :P

JAJAJA! :-({|=

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Questions about DeusEx