Board index FGS Off-topic Trash ]

DXMP_Amon_beta1 release

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby chin.democ. » 27 Jul 2013, 19:49

My most recent map that I have been working on in the last few months on and off, based on the Amon map from Unreal Tournament. I still need to add several things to the map, but compared to my usual first betas this map is in a very advanced state.
Attachments
Shot0006.jpg
Shot0006.jpg (141.11 KiB) Viewed 18913 times
Shot0003.jpg
Shot0003.jpg (148.21 KiB) Viewed 18913 times
Shot0002.jpg
Shot0002.jpg (117.14 KiB) Viewed 18913 times
Shot0001.jpg
Shot0001.jpg (134.1 KiB) Viewed 18913 times
DXMP_Amon_beta1.zip
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 670 times

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 27 Jul 2013, 21:15

Good lighting makes any map look professional, great job Chinny

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby Alvind » 27 Jul 2013, 21:41

Loving it so far! Top one, nice one, get sorted! [-o<

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby synthetic » 28 Jul 2013, 10:39

Its kind of shaping up to be like Spirit, with its layers. Love the broken bit.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby chin.democ. » 28 Jul 2013, 12:08

Yeah very good observation Syn, I saw this map and thought it would make for a good shrunken Spirit style of map, thanks for the comments.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby Mastakilla » 28 Jul 2013, 16:15

I'd prefer links to the pictures so I can open them up in a new tab/window so I can see them entirely without having to scroll through the picture on the forum cause it's too big :oops:

Looks really good though, I really really REALLY like the wooden bridges with the metal frames. Best texture combination evar.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby Vexus » 29 Jul 2013, 02:47

Looks amazing so far, keep up the good work!

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby synthetic » 31 Jul 2013, 02:33

Those brown metal structures-beams in the ceiling are "sticky"? Would make for some interesting acrobatics with Speed Enhancement.

Would be great if you could make a map for DXMP too, not just for 0a. Only difference is *added* support for F7 potential. It is actually a mistake to make a map exclusively for SE, meaning that dxmp and 0a maps are largely identical in design.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 31 Jul 2013, 09:13

synthetic wrote:Would be great if you could make a map for DXMP too, not just for 0a.
Nahhh take care of your words. This sentence could ignite an argument since it separates things that belong together. [-X

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby Vexus » 01 Aug 2013, 03:10

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
synthetic wrote:Would be great if you could make a map for DXMP too, not just for 0a.
Nahhh take care of your words. This sentence could ignite an argument since it separates things that belong together. [-X

I just wanna put this out there... Augs are part of dxmp.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 01 Aug 2013, 05:32

Vexus wrote:
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:

I just wanna put this out there... Augs are part of dxmp.

That is a very smart observation

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby synthetic » 01 Aug 2013, 06:51

Just bit frustrated about the mapping scene, nobody maps for DXMP anymore and all maps are for mods. My main point with my previous post was about the complicated(?) similarities between 0a and DXMP maps.

For example, lot of augers would want to design map after Speed Enhancement because thats all they see in the server. That, however, would not be true DXMP map. F7 comes with 0aug-pace alternative that *should* be a choice, but due to bad game balancing (or map content) has ceased to be one.

This means that at least 50% of aug gameplay is identical to 0a map geometry and the additional Speed Enhancement support is just added to the map.

I do not intend to spark an unnecessary debate here. I encourage everybody to go play DXSP without aug and upgrade cannisters and feel good about themselves for doing so - wasn't the point of my post.
Edit: and without skillpoints; go -hax0r and "allskills" all the way, yay

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 01 Aug 2013, 08:16

synthetic wrote:[...] similarities between 0a and DXMP maps.
So 0aug maps are no DXMP maps? :-s

synthetic wrote:I do not intend to spark an unnecessary debate here.
Sparking is exactly what you're doing my friend. =D>

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Aug 2013, 14:21

While I am sure you are itching to make a point about the person's behaviour of late, I think Synthetic has a point too to be honest, he's just encouraging Chinny to challenge himself a bit further.

Scrolling screenshots is a bummer.

If this is the map that was hosted a while ago in beta form, it reminds me very much of DXMS map concepts. Spawnrooms were a bit open and a bit like Siberia, bit of a labyrinth, but not totally confusing. This map has nice architectural details and definitely you can't go wrong with split levels and paths intersecting each other, lots of 0-aug gameplay.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Amon_beta1 release - Postby synthetic » 01 Aug 2013, 23:35

So it is my fault *you* or anyone else is feeling "sparked"? :D My point was entirely about the map design and gameplay mechanics, underlining certain similarities between the games. Debating what is or isn't DXMP (esp in this thread) is as pointless as searching DXSP storyline for Star Gates. And my very statement was "sparked" by the wonderful opportunities the ceiling constructions seen on chinnys screens could provide.

Return to Trash