Board index FGS Off-topic ]

the spammer.

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

the spammer. - Postby Whiplash » 13 Nov 2012, 00:42

The spammer is back, he/she appears to be totally determined to destroy DXMP through spamming and abusive behaviour. He obviously has a script that says "*loving* Useless homosexual" or something, he drove the players out of Altfire just now.

Furthermore, I suspect he is using proxies to evade bans.

I suggest either using more "effective" i.e. malicious code on the servers, or, giving all FGS members moderator rights on all the FGS servers, in addition to any trusted 3rd parties. This would allow us to ban each new IP on sight, with far greater coverage than can be managed presently.

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: the spammer. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Nov 2012, 01:12

3 topics started on this now. Fgs admins are doing what they can atm to try and stop idiots like this. I kick/ban him every time I see him as does Nobody. He was on 2 hours ago I kicked him loads of times then he never came back till I had left...I cant be there 24/7 to kick him out so until there is a fix just try to ignore him!

Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: the spammer. - Postby Whiplash » 13 Nov 2012, 01:48

No, but my suggestion is that with greater coverage (i.e. FGS membership with mod capabilities) it would be somewhat more effective. In the meantime, he can't be ignored on some servers like Karkys.

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: the spammer. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Nov 2012, 01:56

more moderators for the server then yes but the fact is kick or ban this person his ip changes straight away on any server he spams on and rejoins straight away...no win situation atm even if all FGS members filled the servers with just him ready to ban/kick him it would still happen! as for non fgs servers well they have the same problem. It does need sorting tbh and quick!

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: the spammer. - Postby ~DJ~ » 13 Nov 2012, 19:42

Whiplash wrote:No, but my suggestion is that with greater coverage (i.e. FGS membership with mod capabilities) it would be somewhat more effective. In the meantime, he can't be ignored on some servers like Karkys.

Actually, every single FGS is a Moderator in FGS Altfire server.
Since you're on trial I suppose you cannot see the topic where it mentions the password.

I guess I wouldn't mind PMing you the Moderator pass if no one has a problem with it. :oops:

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: the spammer. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 13 Nov 2012, 20:07

Okay, do it.
I'm also modified the Mod Mutator so it can write to the extended IP ban table up to entry 100.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: the spammer. - Postby ~DJ~ » 13 Nov 2012, 20:29

PM'd.
also.. modified the Mod Mutator? wait what. 8-[

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: the spammer. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 13 Nov 2012, 21:00

Was required, cos the 50 entry long ban-list was full and I extended it with my patch to 100.
A modification of Moderator.u was required so it can access the array elements > 50

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: the spammer. - Postby ~DJ~ » 13 Nov 2012, 21:19

Oh well, thanks I guess. :oops:
Sounds awesome. :-D
I guess I shouldn't have protected it.. but guess it's for security purposes for this one though. :---)

That Resident Evil Mod
————

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: the spammer. - Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Nov 2012, 21:37

Didn't know this, but good idea, seems like a lot of members didn't know this or forgot in server. It's embarassing when you can do nothing for players that are asking.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: the spammer. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 14 Nov 2012, 17:36

Yes, it is protected but that was no problem since I didn't recompile the mod, just haxed it to be working. 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: the spammer. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 15 Nov 2012, 00:16

[FGS]Chees wrote:from my long server history hummm just what I thought.dam idiot :clout:

I tend to move this debate more into this topic, because the spammer could read it in the DeusEx forum too..

So, you got any further information Chees?
I've just banned 40 IP ranges over the past two hours.
If that's ging on, he got what he wants because I banned everyone else too. :evil:

I'm really considering to disable the chat function if that doesn't stop.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: the spammer. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 15 Nov 2012, 00:49

I have several suspects Nobody. one of which is from several years ago and a known hacker now... I'll PM you tomorrow.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: the spammer. - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Nov 2012, 08:26

Whoever it is you can bet your ass he has some serious real life issues, they all come out in the end with big apology threads and explanations. If you've been in this community long enough you'll know what I mean. :-({|=

In other news.....DJ finally got his pubes.....ten years after growing his beard.....

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: the spammer. - Postby Mastakilla » 15 Nov 2012, 11:13

chin.democ. wrote:In other news.....DJ finally got his pubes.....ten years after growing his beard.....

LOL

It's funny because it's true
I had a friend from Iran when I was younger who had a moustache coming through when he was like 10.

Return to FGS Off-topic