Clarification

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Clarification - Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Jan 2013, 23:02

Noodz asked if I am in or out.

In please. Ty. I won a vote, so was hoping to join.

Further clarifcation: Things I may or may not rant about in future should you vote yes at "end of trial vote".

1. Should we all share a box or not?
2. It's ok to have large maps sometimes.
3. Iceworld spawnkilling.
4. Zone lighting.

Altfire
It will be a slow process, but I will look at the server and make sure every map of mine is either updated, removed or replaced with something better. Now Hengsha demo is done, I have time in SDK.

WW2
WW2 Server is planned from Feb 1st and would be very much interested in working on DXAG, getting rid of smuggler and A51 and making WW2 only maps on server with coding genius and some RPG and npc with convo etc on the fight maps, so it would be very much co-op play with a mission also in the 20 minutes.

SG Low Grav Tnag
The offer does tempt me and it gives the pacman/prodigy/abandoned crowd to vac each other in peace.
Again I would try to involve co-op and some npc or vehicles or something and update all the SG map and include CMD and A51 also.

RPG
When the 7 teams and houses are done, Ill finish off the preview map as a working RPG and then probably finish off Paris, (or maybe do Hong Kong HR with you guys quickly?), A51 whole singleplayer is "finished", just needs a coder. Also Fly The Planes is "done".

Also some of the SG maps are really better off as RPG maps, like Nexus and Abydos perhaps, because gameplay/paths sucks on both. The ring transporters limit what a mapper can do. edit Sorry, noobs limit what mappers can do. If teleporting from one spaceship to another is only possible via the RT then entry is difficult. However with security bot law enforcement and etc...

So I think in late 2013/early 2014 I will finish a space RPG map and I think this will be the last map. I can't really invest great time now in learning modelling, skinning, coding etc. I like to brush, texture and light, decorate and make vehicle movers. I like editing convo and writing it.

Return to FGS Off-topic