Board index Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS ]

the smell

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

the smell - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 29 Jun 2020, 20:35

I think we need to get rid of the spambots to get rid of the odor. I reccommend making any user with <10 posts unable to submit if their post contains a link. Any new user who is real can easily get 10 posts or just have the admin give them 10 posts or create a joinable group a bot wouldnt figure out how to join.

Also the smell might be coming from Chees. Ban him just to be sure.

Kojak~Spifo wrote: You know amidst all the nonsense, Darko actually has a point.l The game was originally played with no more than 60 fps if that back in the old days. Nobody had renderers that could go to 100 fps back then it was a big deal to get 60 in 2002. So I think newer players just take high fps from other games for granted, but DX doesn't have a ways to properly compensate clientside vs serverside framerates and speed.

smell the glove
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: the smell - Postby Kuchcik » 30 Jun 2020, 21:42

RodNeySaLaMi wrote:making any user with <10 posts unable to submit if their post contains a link

A quick search found me no such plugins for phpbb. That would require making a modification in the code of the forums, specifically the posting part.

I think the questions about Deus Ex that are asked on registration are probably skipped by spambots, a proper CAPTCHA/google's recaptcha would be the solution for that.

Disclaimer: All of the opinions and statements in the above post are my private ones, and do not in any way represent the official standing of FGS, unless stated otherwise.
last.fm/user/kuchc1k
RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: the smell - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 01 Jul 2020, 02:13

The solution I proposed was already done on DX Alpha to great success. I believe those are phpbb boards too.

Kojak~Spifo wrote: You know amidst all the nonsense, Darko actually has a point.l The game was originally played with no more than 60 fps if that back in the old days. Nobody had renderers that could go to 100 fps back then it was a big deal to get 60 in 2002. So I think newer players just take high fps from other games for granted, but DX doesn't have a ways to properly compensate clientside vs serverside framerates and speed.

smell the glove
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: the smell - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 04 Jul 2020, 01:16

That's actually a great idea!
I've modified the forum code accordingly to avoid users posting links if they have too few posts yet.

Let's see if that works. :matrix:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS