Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby IchoTolot » 24 Nov 2009, 06:06

our idea is ... made not to much spamposts

pi/100*1337=42
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Mastakilla » 24 Nov 2009, 06:50

Fair enough :-D

Still think it would help though, posts in spam don't add posts to your total post count either
So why show them at new posts? No one really gives a damn about posts in spam section...

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 24 Nov 2009, 09:11

Such an idea needed to be debated first.... :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 24 Nov 2009, 09:30

Also, there are some interesting topics in the spam section aswell because somehow it's merged with general chat.. People might be interested?

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Mastakilla » 24 Nov 2009, 10:11

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Such an idea needed to be debated first.... :?

I'm debating it right now? What you on about... haha

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Also, there are some interesting topics in the spam section aswell because somehow it's merged with general chat.. People might be interested?

No idea what you mean spam being merged with general chat, but fair enough I guess... Was just an idea, seeing 20+ new posts lifts a smile but realizing it's only spam is a bit of a downer. Even your maximum of 5 topics won't prevent that if some people me and DJ go on a spam rage in the middle of the night.

I assume it's still perfectly legal to do so, within certain limits...

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 24 Nov 2009, 10:29

I actually think that Nick's idea isn't a bad one...xD

I don't mind spam in the spam section of our boards, it's the reason it's there. But having a gazillion new posts show up in the 'new posts' section just demotivates me to even start reading. So ye, maybe not showing spamposts in the new posts thingie could actually make a huge difference on our perception of spam.

-What's the higher level if your metabolic end product ain't real?-
-The Earth is my whorehouse-
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby ~DJ~ » 24 Nov 2009, 12:49

Button saying "Show spam topics" in newposts.

Besides, what the *beep*? Don't you love that your moderating? cmon.. It's been months since you guys ever merged or closed topics. :alc:

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 24 Nov 2009, 13:28

Mastakilla wrote:
No idea what you mean spam being merged with general chat, but fair enough I guess... Was just an idea, seeing 20+ new posts lifts a smile but realizing it's only spam is a bit of a downer. Even your maximum of 5 topics won't prevent that if some people me and DJ go on a spam rage in the middle of the night.

I'm saying that currently there is no section for public off topic chat so that kind of stuff goes to spam section aswell even though it's not meant to be spam.

~DJ~ wrote:Button saying "Show spam topics" in newposts.

Besides, what the *beep*? Don't you love that your moderating? cmon.. It's been months since you guys ever merged or closed topics. :alc:

Wrong, me and Noodz do that on a daily basis.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Mastakilla » 24 Nov 2009, 14:16

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:I'm saying that currently there is no section for public off topic chat so that kind of stuff goes to spam section aswell even though it's not meant to be spam.

Make one then.

[quote="~[FGS]Pr

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby ~DJ~ » 24 Nov 2009, 15:29

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:

I'm saying that currently there is no section for public off topic chat so that kind of stuff goes to spam section aswell even though it's not meant to be spam.

~DJ~ wrote:Button saying "Show spam topics" in newposts.

Wrong, me and Noodz do that on a daily basis.

THEN THE BUTTON IDEA?

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Majestic » 24 Nov 2009, 16:59

Mastakilla wrote:
Make one then.

Why don't you make your own spam forum?

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Mastakilla » 24 Nov 2009, 17:05

Majestic wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:
Make one then.

...I'm trying to help out here as Deathmaster said there's no proper general chat section and people put general chat in spam aswell, which is a different subject. Or don't you agree?

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Majestic » 24 Nov 2009, 17:38

Mastakilla wrote:
Majestic wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:
Make one then.

...I'm trying to help out here as Deathmaster said there's no proper general chat section and people put general chat in spam aswell, which is a different subject. Or don't you agree?

You're right, but the spam forum was originally designed for general chat discussion (for FGS members there's FGS offtopic too). I don't see the need for spam whatsoever, but as you adequately put it, that's a different subject. So if you like, I can rename the forum General Chat and we're done?

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Mastakilla » 24 Nov 2009, 18:02

Majestic wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:
Majestic wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:
Make one then.

You're right, but the spam forum was originally designed for general chat discussion (for FGS members there's FGS offtopic too). I don't see the need for spam whatsoever, but as you adequately put it, that's a different subject. So if you like, I can rename the forum General Chat and we're done?

You could do that and I would abide the rules that would come with it. But since it's still called SPAM section, can you blame me for spamming in there?
I understand your frustration but I'm just trying to help figure a solution that would make us all happy... No one has to be left dissapointed here.

Like I said I would agree with anything you (the moderators and admins) come up with, I'm just thinking maybe we can sort it out together.
You don't have to see the point in spam, and I see it annoys you, so surely my idea of not having spam shown at the "new posts" must look like a good idea to you? You can get rid of the entire spam section and go mad with alot of warnings when people spam in different parts of the forum, or you can contain spam in a section where you moderate just a bit here and there and not have to be confronted with it if you don't like it.

<3

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: End of the Spamfest - Postby Majestic » 24 Nov 2009, 18:31

Well, that guy's out of here, forever if you ask me. 50+ spam posts are totally unacceptable to me. Let this be a warning to anyone who tries to be funny. I'm not in the mood for things like this.

Return to Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS