Board index Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS ]

FGS

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

FGS - Postby ShadowRunner » 08 May 2011, 15:19

Look I'm not trolling, but I notice the map time on server is still 30 minutes. I thought FGS had previously agreed to try 15 and this decision was made in 2010 as far as I can remember. Played 3 games again today, a couple with Mantra. I found that after 15 minutes exactly, people are losing interest. I ended up having to switch teams around 6 times, just to keep the flow of players even. People are disappearing and waiting/hoping people will go to other servers. With no admins there or no teambalancer mod, the server is very difficult to play or retain any players I found.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2167 - This I only just saw and was very surprised. He's had a hard time of it, because the first thing Majestic and I ever did, was be very hard on him. Secondly, I have no recollection at all of being asked about "allocation" and if I was demoted, again that's not my mistake, it should have been announced to me. Also, if others have assumed roles and been appointed then too, it should be announced. In my opinion, FGS works well with multiple managers, it has always been the case. Originally Icho was the Face guy and Roi was the Tech guy, double-act which was always hard to follow. At the moment you have no clarity and more than one person taking care of the same things.

I can see where this mess is going, I have a very simple suggestion, similar to one I made before.

I suggest that Admin is just Admin, nothing else.
I suggest you create a new role, called Manager, which manages and supports people, nothing else.
I suggest finally, you decide exactly who is leader, that person leads, not admins, not supports. That person should be active on other forums in a big way and play the game.
Finally, suggest you keep Icho as "Owner". If you call him leader, then call the leader "Director".

This way you will never have to fall out with people, members or public.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: FGS - Postby Mastakilla » 08 May 2011, 17:56

In all honesty...
You make a very valid point, but it's the attitude behind it that makes me wanna say "mind your own business"
No offense

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS - Postby Magus » 09 May 2011, 00:05

Mastakilla wrote:In all honesty...
You make a very valid point, but it's the attitude behind it that makes me wanna say "mind your own business"
No offense

I don't think attitude is the problem here - there is no reason Rollo can not express displeasure at the way things are currently operating - however, something does need to be made clear.

Namely, although we (as in all of us outside the clan) are free to bring up issues and complaints related to the workings of the clan and posit suggestions for improving them, we're also required to realise that you guys have absolutely no obligation to acknowledge or address said issues and problems.

Don't get me wrong, I understand Rollo's concern here, I just believe that shuffling around the heirarchy is certainly not the only way to go about this, and may not be the best either.

[EDIT] Rollo, that link does not seem to work for me - I trust it's from some internal section of the board?

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: FGS - Postby Kuchcik » 09 May 2011, 00:21

Magus wrote: I trust it's from some internal section of the board?

Yes, it is.

About the link - Rollo, why have you dug up that old flamewar? I stopped giving a crap a long time ago. I was acting like a dumb kid back then.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: FGS - Postby ~DJ~ » 09 May 2011, 01:11

Alright, I'm gonna be putting aside everything else, this whole.. other issues and all... So.. I think it's a valid point, the suggestion about the 'time'.. But seeing as how huge the maps are, the time spent on camping/planting metabolic end product, and/or maps like SG where the base is protected by one team, I think 15 minutes would be too less.. however, since seeing current DX population, map shifts are probably better.. so yeah, 15 minutes are perhaps good.

EDIT: Magus, Mastakilla said that about the link not the suggestion.

Last edited by ~DJ~ on 09 May 2011, 06:47, edited 4 times in total.
That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS - Postby Magus » 09 May 2011, 02:02

~DJ~ wrote:EDIT: Magus, Mastakilla said that about the link not the suggestion.

Then he should have been clearer. It's hard to be able to say anything at all if you've only got half the info in front of you...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: FGS - Postby ~DJ~ » 09 May 2011, 07:01

Well reading Rollo's post again and fully now, I see the majority of the post is not about the suggestions for the servers or so, which the public is as-usual allowed to.. but it is about the internal clan matter. There's no need to be more clearer then, I see nothing wrong in Masta's post.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: FGS - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 09 May 2011, 20:09

ShadowRunner wrote:Look I'm not trolling, but I notice the map time on server is still 30 minutes. I thought FGS had previously agreed to try 15 [..]

I cannot find that topic, but I remember that debate. Ok, it's 18 minutes now.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Kosh
[insert individual rank]
[insert individual rank]

Re: FGS - Postby [FGS]Kosh » 11 May 2011, 11:33

:-s

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: FGS - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 11 May 2011, 14:37

Kosh wrote::-s

Exactly what I think

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 May 2011, 18:11

Since I see the server is set to 18 mins, I don't really care if Masta wants to slap my wrists. It took another post to get the job done.

I accessed private section to get topics like "Nexus" since the project is unfinished and I wasn't given any time even on my leaving day to access topics like this. Searching topics for history which I researched, I saw this topic about FGS

Maybe I should have separated the topics, but it would have been disrespectful to take the mick and post in private. But it's FGS style to talk in private pm, etc... There's no big problem... just I returned and things are different, two different opinions on how things should work and be provided to players...

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: FGS - Postby ~DJ~ » 14 May 2011, 19:43

edit: wtf i accidently posted soz

That Resident Evil Mod
————

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 May 2011, 13:48

ye i did edit my post.
well FGS is the oldest active clan, with Icho and Roi around, I'm sure it's around for a little longer.

Return to Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS