Mismatch on Altfire.

Author
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 18 Dec 2011, 13:00

ShadowRunner wrote:
[FGS] wrote:Nobody requested me to upload the verison that I'm hosting. It's the official version and it's always been. Nobody takes care of such thing!
If you use this one and you get mismatch, then it's the hosters fault. BAAAA

1. To put it bluntly... who is forum user [FGS] please. It's nice to know who is talking to you.
To put it bluntly too.. the rank already says it. It's Wunderland, our server!

ShadowRunner wrote:2. I'm already using the official version, since I map for SG, I know I have the correct file. The question is rather than who is to blame, HOW a second erroneous file came to exist and how we can prevent it surfacing again in the community, am I correct?
Well, if you needed to hang someone, it would be me as a last consequence. Since superrocket_lite is protected, I assume I'm the only one having made a release for it. I'm still convinced that I made just on release because I hate mismatches but it's not impossible that a prior non-official version leaked out within a beta test..

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby Majster » 01 May 2012, 19:45

I got strange errors today on Atlfire (map Orbital Tnag):
aaa.PNG

Before I took this photo, in game I couldn't move, but I could see everything as normal.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 May 2012, 12:45

Had me worried there for a sec, but I think that is not the map, I have this bug sometimes. You join and you can't move. Can happen on any map. It also can happen in singleplayer or playing a map via SDK. I know of no way to fix it without reconnecting.

However there is an issue with music in this map. Quotes.umx can cause people to gpf within around 5-10 seconds. Turning off music volume fixes it. Most people know about it. It's planned that after Hengsha RPG I will update and release my SG maps.

About superrocket_lite
I think players are getting mismatches, because the mismatch version is available for download. When I think, how did I obtain the mismatch version, my memory is downloading from "Stargate Maps" thread. In that thread v2 is available as well as v3, I wonder if V2 contains a mismatch version. There has also been mismatch in the past on another SG file, a texture for the gate I think. If it's not you, I wonder if Barry made changes in the past and people didn't realize. I fixed my issues, with help from Krisz, I took his versions, because I knew you supplied those to him.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby Majster » 02 May 2012, 16:28

ShadowRunner wrote:Had me worried there for a sec, but I think that is not the map, I have this bug sometimes. You join and you can't move. Can happen on any map. It also can happen in singleplayer or playing a map via SDK. I know of no way to fix it without reconnecting.

I had it only on Orbital_Tnag yesterday, then I was playing on Command Post and Twinz Final and was no bug.

Anyway, in the past I had this bug on various maps.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 02 May 2012, 20:41

Just a simple gpf :)

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 May 2012, 13:41

Yes but it's annoying when an error freezes you. This happens occasionally to me with Neutron bombs on CMD edits.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 09 May 2012, 22:02

All weapons of superrocket are potentially PC melting. :-D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby Majster » 24 Jun 2012, 20:44

Majster wrote:I got strange errors today on Atlfire (map Orbital Tnag):
aaa.PNG

Before I took this photo, in game I couldn't move, but I could see everything as normal.

I still have this problem, even after delete cache files. :( Only on Orbital Tnag.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Mismatch on Altfire. - Postby ShadowRunner » 24 Jun 2012, 22:12

Prolly needs an update, without the buggy music track...

Return to Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS