Board index Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS ]

FGS 0Augs

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 12 Mar 2012, 19:29

:D NICKIEEE!!!!! U get a cuppyycake!!! :D

And shadow I hate dressing room no offense it's creator but I always get stuck with the shitty team and they just seem to love camping in the spawns like above the building or on the side by the ladders just sayin -.-

Snow is aight. Guess u wanted to make it like cs.. U got it.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Mar 2012, 19:48

Dressing room's issue is perhaps having only 2 spawns, I don't know. Or it could be because the spawns are protected for a change, that's why they are camping there, it's like a "breather" in an intense map rotation.

It would be interesting to poll people and ask their 3 favourite and 3 least favourite. It's surprising to me that people complain about NYC_Statue and Mini-Dust, I think they are two of the best on server along with Stalkyard. The fact that people seem to like Strange Docks surprises me as well.

One thing is for sure, if you stuck my large maps on there, the complaining would switch overnight from "close range" to "too big".

I'd say Smuggler and Stalkyard are perfectly sized.

-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 12 Mar 2012, 20:29

I love that dockyard map (:

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 12 Mar 2012, 21:07

Ty, can you give me some feedbacks in this topic? :D
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3352

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby Majster » 12 Mar 2012, 22:46

Hi Majin! I remember you from times of GODZ Server. [CG]Majin if I remember well. :-D

-Majin- wrote: Can you pls put some original maps in there

Area51 would be great addition. :smt023

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 12 Mar 2012, 23:11

Majster wrote:Hi Majin! I remember you from times of GODZ Server. [CG]Majin if I remember well. :-D

-Majin- wrote: Can you pls put some original maps in there

Area51 would be great addition. :smt023

You remember well bro.. Yes that's me.. I was always [CG]MostWanted too.. Or terrorist Bleh I got a lot of aliases.. Used to have over 30 lol.. Everyday a new one back in the godz days lol

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby chin.democ. » 12 Mar 2012, 23:28

I think it's important to have a mix of maps of different sizes, ones that offer the player the choice of using several weapons to be effective killing machines. So long open areas should be avoided as much as possible as it favours only the sniper rifle and is very newbie-unfriendly.

Imagine 2-6 players on server with large maps hosted, these players will spend alot of the round time searching for one another, this could become very tiresome especially if they are several large maps in a row. Admittedly a full server on a small map can be chaotic, so it's best to have a balance, also I have the round time set low so players can move through the map rotation at a swift rate, which I believe is important.

Everyone likes different maps and so by offering a wide range of styles and sizes there is bound to be at least a few maps that everyone will like which will hopefully be enough for them to enjoy the server. I really wanted to re-energise the 0 augs scene by creating a custom only map server, one that hosts decent quality maps made by the Deus Ex community. I also want to give some excitement back into DXMP by constantly updating the map rotation and so the server becomes a living breathing thing that constantly evolves and doesn't become stale and set in stone from day one.

I wont be hosting default DXMP maps as this is something I really want to avoid, the goal of the server is to offer a different experience to other servers by having exclusively custom maps. I want to see the community being creative and the FGS 0-Augs server gives the opportunity for mappers to get their work hosted alongside fellow mapper's work which I think is a cool thing.

DXMS had a similar vision some years back and it proved a popular server with the community. Some years have passed since then and nothing has filled the void and so I wanted to do something similar with [FGS]. Although I want to host superior quality maps with a proper length time for beta testing so mappers can get sufficient feedback which will hopefully lead to decent quality and playable bug-free maps, something that DXMS struggled to achieve due to an insufficient and inadequate beta testing phase.

Below are the maps hosted as of today, their sizes are roughly calculated.

Small maps

DXMP_Bound
DXMP_DressingRoom
DXMP_Mini_Dust
DXMP_Pool

Medium maps

DXMP_Abbottabad
DXMP_NYC_Statue
DXMP_Stalkyard
DXMP_Snow

Large maps

DXMP_Jail_Break_beta2_3
DXMP_Office_beta5
DXMP_StrangeDocks_beta1
DXMP_Yard8_beta2_3

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby Fear » 12 Mar 2012, 23:29

Slightly off-topic but i'll be setting up a server next month, been saying it a while now but i'm finally getting out of debt.

Server: Zero Augs Lite (or something along those lines)
Gametime: 10:00
Maps: DXMP_Smuggler, DXMP_Pool, DXMP_Iceworld & DXMP_Elevation
Weapons: Sniper Rifle, Assault Shotun, Assault Rifle, Pistol
Disabled: Grenades, Turrets, Bots, Misc Items

It's a love or hate server depending on how you prefer to play, but it's sole purpose is for improving or de-rusting, in preperation for potential clan wars, it will also be used for private scrims/duels/wars if requested.

As for the [FGS] 0 augs server i think there is a very nice mixture of maps, to please everybody you need this sort of thing, and it will overall keep the server active, plus Chin makes great maps so yea.

2004-2014
-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 12 Mar 2012, 23:41

So chin u ain't gonna put some originals in there? Fuk it worth a try

And Dan u better add some emp grenades and I'll be ur new costumer (:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Mar 2012, 00:21

I tried what Chin is accomplishing when I was in XKT, Hosting a server for custom maps. it will only work with more than one mapper and decent clan members to to back you up as I found out :-D
I asked Chin to host a few DX maps from back in the day but NO. 'custom maps only' and I totally agree :)
if you want Iceworld and such maps there are servers that host them aug free. but in the long run some of these custom maps will replace the 0-aug played out maps we see day in day out and no doubt already have ie (Mini Dust) Iceworld is legend as well don't get me wrong but an alternative to Iceworld is a step up to to different map. All maps will be played out like songs are yet it's the great maps everyone remembers in the long run. I feel this is that chance for mappers to get there map's out there beta or not versions on a popular server, either way it beats the same old DXMP maps hosted by most 0-aug servers.
Thanks Chin for for hosting this server. don't change a thing bro it's all good :smt023

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby Poor » 13 Mar 2012, 00:27

How about disabling biocells and repair bots so the maps look cleaner?

-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 13 Mar 2012, 00:39

I just wanted some smuggler.. :( there's nothing wrong with these maps I guess I'm just used to the old fashion ones.. Oh well.. Thnx anyways.. U can lock this up now.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby ~DJ~ » 13 Mar 2012, 05:52

-Majin- wrote:Hi dj ya fruitcake.. How you been? Have you grown yet or u still tiny? xD

HEY. No, it hasn't grown much, still 9 inches!
HOW ARE YOU.

(sorry, just wanted to reply ere'.. probably shouldn't go offtopic, dint read much though so sorry about that too!)

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
[DXA]avatar
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby [DXA]avatar » 13 Mar 2012, 10:54

Fear wrote:Slightly off-topic but i'll be setting up a server next month, been saying it a while now but i'm finally getting out of debt.

Server: Zero Augs Lite (or something along those lines)
Gametime: 10:00
Maps: DXMP_Smuggler, DXMP_Pool, DXMP_Iceworld & DXMP_Elevation
Weapons: Sniper Rifle, Assault Shotun, Assault Rifle, Pistol
Disabled: Grenades, Turrets, Bots, Misc Items

It's a love or hate server depending on how you prefer to play, but it's sole purpose is for improving or de-rusting, in preperation for potential clan wars, it will also be used for private scrims/duels/wars if requested.

As for the [FGS] 0 augs server i think there is a very nice mixture of maps, to please everybody you need this sort of thing, and it will overall keep the server active, plus Chin makes great maps so yea.

I like the way you think

avatar, I'm gonna HUNT you down with my FGS-Sentinels! :P
~][FGS][Nobody~
-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 13 Mar 2012, 14:24

~DJ~ wrote:
-Majin- wrote:Hi dj ya fruitcake.. How you been? Have you grown yet or u still tiny? xD

HEY. No, it hasn't grown much, still 9 inches!
HOW ARE YOU.

(sorry, just wanted to reply ere'.. probably shouldn't go offtopic, dint read much though so sorry about that too!)

Lol I'm good.. Daym u only 9 inches tall kirby passed Jew !!

Return to Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS