Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Urban Terror ]

ut4_steel

Author
TheDragonMaster
TheDragonMaster

World: Earth Year: 5348 Location: (45673,08664)
Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: ut4_steel - Postby [FGS]FlyingGhost » 29 Jan 2010, 22:07

sorry dude xD didn't notice it
trying it now ;)

edit: holy metabolic end product sude :X:X:X:X it looks nice :D:D

it a good rush map also :D

Mounir12 wrote:Hey guys i am Mounir i was banned cus i lam bugged so someone can unban me (btw i want to be memeber of fgs)

~DJ~ wrote:I don't want to discuss anymore, he's outta his mind!111

ShadowRunner wrote:Altfire is not altfire without Ichotolot...
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ut4_steel - Postby chin.democ. » 30 Jan 2010, 07:34

Hehe been meaning to take a look at this, first of all I have a really crap PC and my fps here was amazing, even when I was on the second and third floors looking down at the whole map, so congrats.

I noticed a BSP type error in the red corner (above the right door), also a mis-aligned brush in the centre (one of the diagonal ramps). I would probably suggest having underwater tunnels leading to and from the centre pool, just to give people a reason to use the pool, and perhaps some more brushwork around the central area to provide more cover, it's a great looking map.

I get a nice arcade-y feel from it, perhaps it's best suited to a free for all deathmatch?

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: ut4_steel - Postby Kuchcik » 30 Jan 2010, 17:37

chin.democ. wrote:Hehe been meaning to take a look at this, first of all I have a really crap PC and my fps here was amazing, even when I was on the second and third floors looking down at the whole map, so congrats.

I noticed a BSP type error in the red corner (above the right door), also a mis-aligned brush in the centre (one of the diagonal ramps). I would probably suggest having underwater tunnels leading to and from the centre pool, just to give people a reason to use the pool, and perhaps some more brushwork around the central area to provide more cover, it's a great looking map.

I get a nice arcade-y feel from it, perhaps it's best suited to a free for all deathmatch?

Thanks, I will fix those errors. Has anyone checked the ladder?

Also, your FPS will be amazing on pretty much any Urban Terror map when you play alone. The player models are the thing that sucks out precious frames.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: ut4_steel - Postby Skilgannon » 31 Jan 2010, 01:31

Ooh, forgot about this. Ah well, chinny posted a better report than I could've done. Will still take a look though...

* Since when were you the one in control?
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: ut4_steel - Postby Jima B » 31 Jan 2010, 03:42

Kuchcik wrote:Also, your FPS will be amazing on pretty much any Urban Terror map when you play alone. The player models are the thing that sucks out precious frames.

It's like DX in Opposite land D:

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: ut4_steel - Postby Kuchcik » 03 May 2010, 15:30

a little update on the progress of stuff.

I am not working on it at the moment. I've got a new laptop now, q3radiant works like a breeze, but the map compiler (q3map2) doesn't work under 64bit systems.

That means, that I can construct the map in the editor, but not build it.

anyways, I still might try compiling my map under Debian, I'll check it out later this week and post results.

-K.

Return to Urban Terror