Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex: Invisible War ]

My Let's Play of DXIW

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby James » 15 Apr 2011, 11:35

http://dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16640

I'm doing a simple Let's Play of DXIW so you don't have to play through the game if you think it's an abomination and a mess, but you want to remember/experience the highlights.

If you're unaware of what a Let's Play up it's basically running game commentary, I'm using the journal format rather than YouTube parts. I'll rather show the highlights in chapters to make it easier for what you want to see such as datacubes, important conversations etc.

It's in very early stages (episode 1 was so terrible, had to go back and do it again.) Plan to basically blitz through areas then take a break after reaching a new HUB (i.e Seattle to Cairo.)

Code: Select all
D A D D Y  C O O L
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Apr 2011, 11:54

Cool thanks for posting, that avatar is freaky like something from Bo Selecta! Can I get get a Bo!

James
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby James » 15 Apr 2011, 12:24

LOL it does actually, also I'll rather prefer to re-wiiind our Kez. It's some terrible Japanese ASCII fad.

D A D D Y  C O O L
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby Kuchcik » 15 Apr 2011, 12:32

This is nice. Invisible War wasn't an abomination, it just wasn't Deus Ex 1. A good game on it's own.

James
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby James » 15 Apr 2011, 12:45

Thanks.

Yes I'm aware it's actually a good and enjoyable game that does hold a candle to Deus Ex, people speak too often of the flaws compared to the original but it did improve on some of it so it's not entirely negative.
Personally, I love it. The idea with the Let's Play was to remind people about the game, give a new perspective to people and offer myself to spend time to play it so 'they don't have to'.

I'm closely mimicking the style of The Dark Id's posts for his NIER let's play:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3382650

(NIER is another underrated sequel, but unlike DXIW, NIER was better than the predecessor, but very underrated.)

I suggest you check my thread once a week or month depending on how frequent I update it. There's no game I'm interested in for single-player until DXHR. :)

D A D D Y  C O O L
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby Tidus » 15 Apr 2011, 12:50

Nice :)

my DX:IW History is very sad xD

1 year after it came out i bought it for 10 bucks and tryed it -> my PC was too weak for that game
1 year later i got new PC, installed it but doesnt work at all, error here, error there, cause DVD was half broken, very bad shape from the dvd -> can´t run DX:IW
Downloaded a .iso and installed it, doesnt run, dunno why but i had FPS issueses, cant explain the error :?

4-5 month ago, i bought DX 1 and DX:IW in an christmas special from Steam for about 1.75€ (both games) and tryed it -> My PC is too good for that game, doesnt want to start, searched many MANY ways to start it anyway, but with no result.

So DX:IW died for me, without playing it. But aniheX played it and told me, its bad. bäm xD

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Apr 2011, 13:01

I think that's god's way of telling you that you weren't supposed to play that game!

Malladus
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Phoenix Council HQ, somewhere in the Himalaya mountains

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby Malladus » 15 Apr 2011, 15:08

well, im playing DX:IW myself on my not even 2 months old laptop from Acer, and didnt have any errors yet, well except my pc telling me the optimal resolution over and over :roll:

In times of darkness, when hope seems to be lost, one last chance of victory rises from the shadows. This army doesn't know fear, they only know war. They fight, no matter what the cost, no matter how the odds are... They fight! And when the last enemy has fallen, they vanish back into the shadows, watching humanity, and protecting them from annihilation... They are the guardian angels of mankind, and they will never surrender, never retreat,... And never stop searching for the truth.
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby Tidus » 15 Apr 2011, 15:11

chin.democ. wrote:I think that's god's way of telling you that you weren't supposed to play that game!

i think so hehe

Nah, my pc dont like DX:IW.
But DX 1 runs at 400 FPS heh =D

Thats good enought

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
James
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby James » 15 Apr 2011, 22:14

Posted an update and spiced it up a lot, the latest update (ep3) is the minimum standard for all updates from now on.

http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 732#287732

edit: cleaned up again, ep9!

D A D D Y  C O O L
seanx
BUG
BUG

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby seanx » 09 Feb 2012, 13:25

I have just joined and I hope I will learn a lot of new information here.
I admire the valuable information you offered in your article. Excellent submission very good post.Keep posting thumbs up.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby chin.democ. » 09 Feb 2012, 19:59

Even bots be trolln'.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Feb 2012, 17:38

At least the bot bumped a decent topic.

"your article" did it for me.

James you have an article.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: My Let's Play of DXIW - Postby chin.democ. » 10 Feb 2012, 22:26

Some of the best threads on gravity world have been started by bots.....

Return to Deus Ex: Invisible War