Board index Bugs, features and suggestions for the new board ]

DXSG_LibetyIsland

Author
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby ~DJ~ » 20 May 2010, 15:35

Darma wrote:About the edit button, I know that there is one but I always forgot to use it :?
Strange because I use the edit button in others forums.

LIAR.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Jima B » 20 May 2010, 21:15

Skilgannon wrote:
Jima B wrote:Places inaccessable by foot would encourage the use of the portals... or at least harder to access places.

Time for an Aperture Science map?

Perhaps it's time we enhanced the hitscan weapons to actually fire projectiles. If this was possible, Snipers (and other rifles etc.) could be used to fire through warpzones. With this in mind, portals could be created and used with much more success in maps. Also, the actual stargates could be used to traverse between two different worlds and provide minimal problems, which would be interesting.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Skilgannon » 20 May 2010, 21:36

Can't you just use that texture I used in Main_Battle_Arena on a flat piece of geometry and stick a teleporter just in front of the gate? Would seem the logical solution....

* Since when were you the one in control?
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Jima B » 20 May 2010, 22:27

Skilgannon wrote:Can't you just use that texture I used in Main_Battle_Arena on a flat piece of geometry and stick a teleporter just in front of the gate? Would seem the logical solution....

Nah, because then you couldn't see the other side, or shoot through it. Wouldn't look as crazyawesome or work as nicely.
Working warpzones would be amazing.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Skilgannon » 21 May 2010, 00:43

But you can't see through the gates anyway........unless you stick your head past the EH.

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Jima B » 21 May 2010, 01:02

Skilgannon wrote:But you can't see through the gates anyway........unless you stick your head past the EH.

WELL MAYBE THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO.
Warpzones would, if fixed, still work better. Teleporters are a bit fiddly and not as accurite.
Plus you can always give a warpzone entrance a opaque texture.

I just think they need to be fixed, so they become practicle to use in serious maps.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Skilgannon » 21 May 2010, 04:41

I'll take your word for it lol.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 21 May 2010, 11:10

Jima B wrote:Warpzones would, if fixed, still work better.

What is wrong with them?
They work, though! :o

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Jima B » 21 May 2010, 18:18

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
Jima B wrote:Warpzones would, if fixed, still work better.

What is wrong with them?
They work, though! :o

Hitscan weapons don't fire through them, I am to understand. D:

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 25 May 2010, 12:10

That cannot be "fixed".
Unlike projectile weapons, the bullet weapons don't shoot actual bullets but use a ProcessTraceHit function.
That means, if there is no actual line between you and the enemy, then this won't work.
Also the native object replication (which is based on view sight from the player to other objects) is not programmed to work through those warp zones. :ney:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXSG_LibetyIsland - Postby Jima B » 25 May 2010, 13:05

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:That cannot be "fixed".
Unlike projectile weapons, the bullet weapons don't shoot actual bullets but use a ProcessTraceHit function.
That means, if there is no actual line between you and the enemy, then this won't work.
Also the native object replication (which is based on view sight from the player to other objects) is not programmed to work through those warp zones. :ney:

The idea was, making the rifles and stuff actually SHOOT bullets.
It'd be fixing the weapons more than the warp-zones.
It probably would be a little too hard to make it work well at all though so never mind.

Return to Bugs, features and suggestions for the new board