Teh gravn00b

lol - Postby Kuchcik » 10 Mar 2009, 07:53

my new WoW character... discuss!

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 10 Mar 2009, 15:57

Hah, Runescape sucks. 8)

* Since when were you the one in control?
~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 10 Mar 2009, 20:11

mine's nicer 8)

-What's the higher level if your metabolic end product ain't real?-
-The Earth is my whorehouse-
[FGS]FlyingGhost
TheDragonMaster
TheDragonMaster

World: Earth Year: 5348 Location: (45673,08664)
Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby [FGS]FlyingGhost » 10 Mar 2009, 20:45

damn proth what game is that?

Mounir12 wrote:Hey guys i am Mounir i was banned cus i lam bugged so someone can unban me (btw i want to be memeber of fgs)

~DJ~ wrote:I don't want to discuss anymore, he's outta his mind!111

ShadowRunner wrote:Altfire is not altfire without Ichotolot...
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 10 Mar 2009, 21:06

[FGS]FlyingGhost wrote:damn proth what game is that?

THAT'S world of shitcraft

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 10 Mar 2009, 21:13

i'd play runescape with kutchic. just to chop those damn jews.

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 10 Mar 2009, 21:39

Kuchcik wrote:
[FGS]FlyingGhost wrote:damn proth what game is that?

THAT'S world of shitcraft

nope Guild Wars 8)

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 10 Mar 2009, 23:14

I don't understand these MMORPG's, can someone tell me in a nutshell what you actually do?

That Runscape games looks like a civilisation type of game, anyone here got an Xbox 360?

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 11 Mar 2009, 02:07

chin.democ. wrote:I don't understand these MMORPG's, can someone tell me in a nutshell what you actually do?

well i can only speak for guildwars as it is the only MMORPG i have ever played.

You start out by making a charr lvl1. First you choose his/her primary profession (warrior, ranger, elemantalist, ritualist, dervish, assassin, paragon, necromancer, mesmer or monk). You can lvl this char thru earning xp points. You earn xp by killing monsters, fullfilling quests or doing missions which take you thru the storyline. The max lvl is 20 (140,600xp). By lowering the max lvl that much (compare max lvl in WoW is 80) you take away endless grinding on mobs etc.

Special about Guild Wars is that you are able to choose a second profession. Every prof is mixable, you can for instance make a W/E or Mo/Rt etc. The catch here is that not every profession synergizes as well. To cast spells, or use skills u need energy (a war and para are the exception more about it later).
Some professions have more energy than others (eles have the most, it can rise up to 90, but then again they have the most 'expensive' skills in the game, wars have the least, 20 base, + the lowest natural energy regeneration making a W/E a very strange and low profitable mix to make, at first!). As said before warriors and paragons are exceptions to the 'you need energy to use skills'. These two professions have acces to 'adrenal skills'. Whenever you deal, or take, physical damage you gain one strike of adrenaline, these can be used to power off special adrenaline attacks (other profs use spells etc, so no phys dam for them).

if you want to know more about the professions, how they work etc. i advise you visit http://wiki.guildwars.com cause there is too much for me to right down here

Guild Wars is a heavily teambased game. You face the world in parties varying from 4 to 8 member (12 in special cases). As you can only bring 8 skills at a time, you realy need to look into the builds (set of 8 skills) of your team so you can optimize the effectivness and even not bring the same skill twice. Another important note is that builds are easily changed. Opposed to WoW where you have to invest in a skill tree, and you can only change it by paying money, in GW you can change secondary proffesions and attributes by a mouseclick. Again for more info about attributes etc see aforementioned link.

Maybe also important to note, the game actualy just starts at lvl 20. All of the more exciting, challenging missions and areas are at the very end of the game, or have nothing to do with the storyline (which you can finish btw). Once you have finished a campaign (there are three official ones, and one expansion) you can redo the whole thing but in Hard Mode. Hard Mode wields an extra dimension to the game. The AI you face is a lot tougher than in Normal Mode (they move 25% faster, flee out of AoE damage faster, have faster skill recharge and skill cast time, higher attribute points etc), and realy forces you to optimize your team. Whereas you could get away with less perfect builds and teams in NM, you will be punished severely when you try this in HM. You can also switch to NM and HM with a mouseclick.

if you are interested in the game, or want to know more just visit the link, everything you want to know is on that wiki.

The game is very cheap to buy (it cost me 15 euros a piece) and does not involve monthly fees :P

i don't know if this answered your question or not...

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 11 Mar 2009, 17:02

RuneScape is a massively-multiplayer online game (MMOG), set in a fantasy world of warring races, ravaged landscapes and sinister powers. Having chosen an adventurer, players are free to find their role within it: to live by the sword and face hundreds of enemies, to further the storyline in RuneScape's quests, or to train in any of a number of skills.

RuneScape can be played directly in your browser, requiring no installation. It is also free to play, offering everyone the chance to explore the involving story and vast game area without paying a single gold piece!

that's a quote from RS website, www.runescape.com

there's a shitload of items, quests and skills, the world is quite big, and the best thing is, that all skills are leveled when using them, not by distributing skill points earned for killing monsters. so, the more you use a skill, the better you get in it.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 11 Mar 2009, 18:12

Yeah, but if you want to actually take part in any decent quests, or be able to fight something (read: someone) that'll actually fight back, you gotta pay. RS = FAIL.

* Since when were you the one in control?
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 11 Mar 2009, 18:58

but what about the jewchop?

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 11 Mar 2009, 19:44

Skilgannon wrote:Yeah, but if you want to actually take part in any decent quests, or be able to fight something (read: someone) that'll actually fight back, you gotta pay. RS = FAIL.

in Guild Wars you don't. There are various arenas (Random Arena and Team Arena) where you can fight, there are Alliance Battles where you cap shrines to gain various bonusses, Competitive Mission where you need to defend a fort or capture quaries, Heroes Ascent, where you fight to hold the tombs against various teams, Hero Battles, a one on one experience or of course the Guild Battles where you challenge other guilds for fun or for tournament points for a ranking. Every month there is a worldwide championship for Guild Battles and Hero Battles, for which you can select your top eight and win cool prizes if you get them right.

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 11 Mar 2009, 21:21

SPAZ ROFELZ wrote:but what about the jewchop?

YES YOU CAN

(btw, member's for 5$ a month /and I know that you have to pay for guild wars only once, stfu Proph :P / and even I can afford it, lol.)

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 11 Mar 2009, 22:22

I like MMORPGs but they get boring and redundant after a while.

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!

Return to All Others