Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! All Others ]

Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG

Author

Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 12 Dec 2009, 15:43

Downloaded this today and I'm facing some real metabolic end product bugs here..
I installed, all goes fine, I don't even need a crack or something but when I enter the game and set up the movement keys instead of arrows (that's default option) to WASD, my character won't move as it's supposed to.. It acts like when I press "W" it leans right, "A" button makes it walk backwards etc.
However this problem is solved by 1.1 patch. But when I install that patch and crack the game, I lose all sound. I can't even set up sound settings because in the menu I can't select that line.
I tried installing 1.2 patch but the installer can't find the folder and I can't manually locate it either.
Halp anyone? :(

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby Skilgannon » 12 Dec 2009, 22:43

GameTap. Last I checked, they had it free.

* Since when were you the one in control?
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 13 Dec 2009, 13:21

I checked free pack, it's not there
Attachments
hitman2.JPG
hitman2.JPG (109 KiB) Viewed 17144 times

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby synthetic » 13 Dec 2009, 19:28

If the patch 1.2 wont install then its probably some strange pre-cracked version, Id download from another source. I am quite positive I had to crack mine. I do vaguely recall sound issues though, I may have had to use different crack or turn down hardware acceleration. Have you googled the issue yet? I am sure it is solved somewhere. Hitman 4 or what it was is properly bugged game though, bugged to a point where it broke the game.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby Mastakilla » 13 Dec 2009, 20:39

Hitman is one of those games better played on console IMO

Off-topic I know.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby synthetic » 13 Dec 2009, 20:55

I hate consoles with passion unless its purpously meant to have retarded game mechanics, such as dvd games or whatnot. Hitman series has had the potential much greater than what is possible or comfortable on consoles, unfortunately hitman 4 at the very least showed how stupid console to PC ports can look or work. No jump button for the muthafukin fail.

Open the door - Yes/No
Inspect room: Room has three enemies
Shoot enemy #1 - Yes/No

You shot enemy#1 in the head: critical shot, reload? yes/no
Shoot enemy#2 - Yes/No

Perfect console game right there. Solving complex game mechanics with stupid dialogue solution ftw.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby Skilgannon » 13 Dec 2009, 22:47

Don't hate on the console. They're usually capable machines, dev's just don't take advantage. What you should be hating on, is the whiny-ass, 12 year old pricks who get butthurt when you ass rape them. I will concede that console players have nowhere near the skill of pc players, they do suck..............horribly.

* Since when were you the one in control?
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 14 Dec 2009, 02:34

Racing games are win on console.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 14 Dec 2009, 08:51

I found the problem on google already but it wasn't solved. Some guy said that the sound files need to be loaded from somewhere else manually but I have no idea how to do that because the ini file doesn't provide a path for sound anyway.
I found bug for WASD aswell, but they kept saying that WASD is default option so they don't know what's wrong.. As if that would be a f

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby synthetic » 14 Dec 2009, 10:52

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Consoles with mouse and keyboard are win.

That I can understand, too bad it would still suck because I dont think many console games are designed for keyboard and mouse, making it look horribly dumbed down. Of course when you dont have those two you appreciate these solutions devs have to come up with to ensure that you enjoy a good game with minimal input.

Are you downloading it again? As for sound files sometimes copying the correct files without edits in any files works too, but thats all shady business unless you have specific instructions really. I had similar issue with RA2, and its expansion and patches. Had some custom ripped precracked RA2 that didnt even require install. The expansion which did require crack and install didnt really work well with it.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin - BUG - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 14 Dec 2009, 13:13

I wasn't really planning to download another version tbh

Return to All Others