Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! All Others ]

Are Bonuses the Key to Motivating Teachers?

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Are Bonuses the Key to Motivating Teachers? - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Jan 2012, 20:19

my post was maybe stupid, but you both hit the nail on the head. Maybe they are in the wrong job, if they can't stand their ground in front of a mob and look them in the eye and be a teacher and when necessary, in charge.

I was never attacked in a classroom, but have had to deal with individual and group rebellion more than once. The ones that have been excluded from school and will only learn how to rap or DJ, again I was never asked to teach them maths or anything uninteresting. I wouldn't fancy that, not impossible, but "attention spans" are the problem maybe.

anihex
aniwho?...
aniwho?...

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Are Bonuses the Key to Motivating Teachers? - Postby anihex » 24 Jan 2012, 15:10

ShadowRunner wrote:dann sind Sie verschraubt, komplett
I loled :-D

But you're right. Teachers who can't fullfill there basic duty should stop teaching. However! Education shouldn't come from Teachers alone. The parents and the rest of the family have this duty too!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Are Bonuses the Key to Motivating Teachers? - Postby ShadowRunner » 25 Jan 2012, 21:42

In Taiwan/ROC, American Teachers got paid 3 times the national average, Brits got double. American English was more useful to them. So yes, teachers were paid what they were worth.

Parents yes - but what if the parent is 15, expelled from school before exams and the only thing he/she knows how to do, is find drugs and sell them. Better make sure the parents are ok first. This is the problem, how to bypass a ruined generation of people and install the right education, values and mindset in the next.

Return to All Others