Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warping

Author
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Finland

- Postby Sike » 13 Mar 2009, 15:23

[FGS]Hawk wrote:3dfx Glide, ftw!

Btw: Mostly Vista users have timing problems. FPS limiting helps, but even tho there are still timing problems in Vista, which are not caused by the renderer.

The game does feel a little different after installing Vista. Might be just the damn configuration. I run Dual Core Intel E8400 @ 3.6 GHz.

Valgothy wrote:Oh and for your info, ATDM is a modded gametype as well.

BTDM is the real DX.
killed
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby killed » 05 Jan 2012, 01:00

Guys, the "FrameRateLimit=100" line in deusex.ini should make my fps not going higher than 100, right? I have no idea how to make the fps limit work. I tried different places for this line and different numbers instead of 100, still no changes. Stat fps in-game says that my fps is 200-300 and its a bit laggy with a high fps. I used to have it 60, but after some changes fps grew up and these lags appeared. Any ideas?

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 05 Jan 2012, 02:08

Enable VSync in your graphics device driver.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby ~DJ~ » 05 Jan 2012, 02:10

Make sure you are using the render which have this capability. You're doing this from the INI right? Check the Driver's name written on the top.. something like:

Code: Select all
[D3d10.D3d11Drv]

..or something.. yeah.
It's probably that you are not using the specific render device.. so change it from Display settings.. I think. Yeah. :oops:

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby ~Blade~ » 05 Jan 2012, 02:34

yeah you might be changing the setting in the wrong thingy, in ur dx.ini
[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=???

where ??? is your one, then look lower down the file for
[???]
FrameRateLimit=

then change that setting, hope that helps...

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 05 Jan 2012, 06:48

killed wrote:Stat fps in-game says that my fps is 200-300 and its a bit laggy with a high fps.

Laggy with 300 fps? I would be happy, if my slow pc can do more than 70 fps lol
If you used many renders, there are more FrameLimit lines, you have to change it at the current render's settings

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 05 Jan 2012, 10:53

[FGS]Kalman wrote:
killed wrote:Stat fps in-game says that my fps is 200-300 and its a bit laggy with a high fps.

Laggy with 300 fps? I would be happy, if my slow pc can do more than 70 fps lol
If you used many renders, there are more FrameLimit lines, you have to change it at the current render's settings

Yeah, that's possible. I used to have something like that too.. on my notebook.
If the fps was around 60-120, all was fine, but at times it went to above 250 and it started getting unplayable slomo like.. :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

killed
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby killed » 05 Jan 2012, 11:40

~Blade~ wrote:yeah you might be changing the setting in the wrong thingy, in ur dx.ini
[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=???

where ??? is your one, then look lower down the file for
[???]
FrameRateLimit=

then change that setting, hope that helps...

That is what I have
[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

I go to [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] and see this
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
FrameRateLimit=120

Then i start the game, join random server, type "stat fps" and it shows average fps 200-300, but in a single moment it can reach even 500.
I have no idea what im doing wrong/ :?

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 05 Jan 2012, 11:49

If you are using D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice as game render device..

Go into the section
[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]

There is a property: UseVSync

Make it to be true:

UseVSync=True

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby ~Blade~ » 05 Jan 2012, 15:38

yea if it still doesnt work then try a different render device.
but i don't know why it doesn't work when you try to cap it the way its said in this topic. Did you save & close your dx.ini after editing it? I hope you didn't write two FrameRateLimit= lines under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice], I assume you didn't though.
If you still cant fix it or don't want to change renderer then you could go in a server and type 'netspeed 7000' that will cap your fps to 120 roughly, but i wouldn't recommend this method, only if all else fails.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby chin.democ. » 05 Jan 2012, 16:26

You could do a control and F to find the word

FrameRateLimit

Start from the top and make sure down box is ticked and hit find and change every single FrameRateLimit to 100.

killed
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby killed » 05 Jan 2012, 20:06

chin.democ. wrote:You could do a control and F to find the word

FrameRateLimit

Start from the top and make sure down box is ticked and hit find and change every single FrameRateLimit to 100.

LOL best advice ever :wink: Thank you Chin :)

yea if it still doesnt work then try a different render device.

Yes, Ive tried all available devices and didnt manage to set desired limit.

Btw, 'netspeed 7000' makes it ok.

Did you save & close your dx.ini after editing it?

:)

Maybe someone could share deusex.ini with working frameratelimit?

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Running DX on Single Core CPU - Fixing Firerate and Warp - Postby [FGS]Chees » 08 May 2012, 22:26

I'm interested how much memory do you have also dedicated page file space from the Hard Drive as well (Boring night so I'm interested!) I run 1.31Gz 768 MB of RAM and only lag and fps problems if I run VLC player with online radio in the back ground when playing or forget to close Firefox or Xfire or MSN. everything but AVG and Dx and needed system files and graphics program are running the rest is off till I open. If i run my system at 512 mbr dx is un playable unless I close all AVG and or Nod32 I had as well same (memory killer) I would say at least 1gb is the standard nowadays for anything to run properly. My Two Cent.

Return to Deus Ex