Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 13 Mar 2012, 14:31

Suck my Irish balls Majin. Sup?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Mar 2012, 15:06

chin.democ. wrote:I think it's important to have a mix of maps of different sizes, ones that offer the player the choice of using several weapons to be effective killing machines. So long open areas should be avoided as much as possible as it favours only the sniper rifle and is very newbie-unfriendly.

Imagine 2-6 players on server with large maps hosted, these players will spend alot of the round time searching for one another, this could become very tiresome especially if they are several large maps in a row. Admittedly a full server on a small map can be chaotic, so it's best to have a balance, also I have the round time set low so players can move through the map rotation at a swift rate, which I believe is important.

Everyone likes different maps and so by offering a wide range of styles and sizes there is bound to be at least a few maps that everyone will like which will hopefully be enough for them to enjoy the server. I really wanted to re-energise the 0 augs scene by creating a custom only map server, one that hosts decent quality maps made by the Deus Ex community. I also want to give some excitement back into DXMP by constantly updating the map rotation and so the server becomes a living breathing thing that constantly evolves and doesn't become stale and set in stone from day one.

I wont be hosting default DXMP maps as this is something I really want to avoid, the goal of the server is to offer a different experience to other servers by having exclusively custom maps. I want to see the community being creative and the FGS 0-Augs server gives the opportunity for mappers to get their work hosted alongside fellow mapper's work which I think is a cool thing.

DXMS had a similar vision some years back and it proved a popular server with the community. Some years have passed since then and nothing has filled the void and so I wanted to do something similar with [FGS]. Although I want to host superior quality maps with a proper length time for beta testing so mappers can get sufficient feedback which will hopefully lead to decent quality and playable bug-free maps, something that DXMS struggled to achieve due to an insufficient and inadequate beta testing phase.

Below are the maps hosted as of today, their sizes are roughly calculated.

Small maps

DXMP_Bound
DXMP_DressingRoom
DXMP_Mini_Dust
DXMP_Pool

Medium maps

DXMP_Abbottabad
DXMP_NYC_Statue
DXMP_Stalkyard
DXMP_Snow

Large maps

DXMP_Jail_Break_beta2_3
DXMP_Office_beta5
DXMP_StrangeDocks_beta1
DXMP_Yard8_beta2_3

When you put it like this Chinny, and make the DXMS comparison, it makes a lot of sense.

Fear wrote:Maps: DXMP_Smuggler, DXMP_Pool, DXMP_Iceworld & DXMP_Elevation

1. arrgh.

50% of your maplist has no spawnrooms.
75% of your maplist has no medbot or other actor
50% of your maplist, the player never gets to use his lockpicks or tools and in reality it's 75% most of the time.
100% of your maplist, we won't be using augs or explosives of any kind either. Soundwise, it already bores the crud out of me.
75% of your maplist, we won't be able to look through cameras, hack computers, use turrets etc either. (maybe a good thing, but it's like my conversation with Bambz, given the other percentages, what part of DX are you intending to actually include in this rifle shooter game)
25% of the time I'm going to be listening to that constant elevator sound
75% of the time there will be no ambient sound at all of any kind.
In other words, you're raising my blood pressure with 50% no spawnrooms and 100% of the time all I get to hear is no explosions, but I will hear an elevator for 15-20 mins and if I'm lucky, the sounds a turrets makes a few time every hour.

And Dan... I wanted Orange. No vending machine?

2. It's your server, I respect your choices.

3. Will this be called FGS 0-aug 2 or something?

[DXA]avatar
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby [DXA]avatar » 13 Mar 2012, 17:37

50% of your maplist, the player never gets to use his lockpicks or tools and in reality it's 75% most of the time.
100% of your maplist, we won't be using augs or explosives of any kind either. Soundwise, it already bores the crud out of me.
75% of your maplist, we won't be able to look through cameras, hack computers, use turrets etc either. (maybe a good thing, but it's like my conversation with Bambz, given the other percentages, what part of DX are you intending to actually include in this rifle shooter game)
In other words, you're raising my blood pressure with 50% no spawnrooms and 100% of the time all I get to hear is no explosions, but I will hear an elevator for 15-20 mins and if I'm lucky, the sounds a turrets makes a few time every hour.

I think Fear likes it that way :/

avatar, I'm gonna HUNT you down with my FGS-Sentinels! :P
~][FGS][Nobody~
-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 13 Mar 2012, 19:57

SPAZ ROFELZ wrote:Suck my Irish balls Majin. Sup?

Bring em to Italy so I can chop them off ;)

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby ~DJ~ » 14 Mar 2012, 01:25

I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT MY HEIGHT!!
omg hi Avatar.

okay though now, carry on folks. Good luck Dan for hosting a new 0-aug server.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 14 Mar 2012, 01:41

~DJ~ wrote:I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT MY HEIGHT!!
omg hi Avatar.

okay though now, carry on folks. Good luck Dan for hosting a new 0-aug server.

Wat were u talkin about? O.o?

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 14 Mar 2012, 09:36

-Majin- wrote:

what are you doing in Italy?!

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby Mastakilla » 14 Mar 2012, 10:26

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:
-Majin- wrote:

He moved to Europe I think

Or he's just visiting

But I'm sure he wants to move

Also stop making up girls I'm supposedly seeing Majin :-D
"Jill" is a really poorly made up name, just sayin'
Try non American names

-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 14 Mar 2012, 19:08

Mastakilla wrote:
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:
-Majin- wrote:

He moved to Europe I think

Or he's just visiting

But I'm sure he wants to move

Also stop making up girls I'm supposedly seeing Majin :-D
"Jill" is a really poorly made up name, just sayin'
Try non American names

Lol Kiri thought u was cheatin her wif Jill I was roflin.. Hmm none American name.. Domenika? Get it do-me-nika? Lol

And I'm tryin to get me a nice Italian girl to bring to America :p jk I'm visiting my cousins.. Tryin somethin new.. Sick of America :0

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 14 Mar 2012, 21:25

Nigga's gonna get all interpol on your americunt ass

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby Fear » 14 Mar 2012, 21:42

ShadowRunner wrote:
chin.democ. wrote:I think it's important to have a mix of maps of different sizes, ones that offer the player the choice of using several weapons to be effective killing machines. So long open areas should be avoided as much as possible as it favours only the sniper rifle and is very newbie-unfriendly.

Imagine 2-6 players on server with large maps hosted, these players will spend alot of the round time searching for one another, this could become very tiresome especially if they are several large maps in a row. Admittedly a full server on a small map can be chaotic, so it's best to have a balance, also I have the round time set low so players can move through the map rotation at a swift rate, which I believe is important.

Everyone likes different maps and so by offering a wide range of styles and sizes there is bound to be at least a few maps that everyone will like which will hopefully be enough for them to enjoy the server. I really wanted to re-energise the 0 augs scene by creating a custom only map server, one that hosts decent quality maps made by the Deus Ex community. I also want to give some excitement back into DXMP by constantly updating the map rotation and so the server becomes a living breathing thing that constantly evolves and doesn't become stale and set in stone from day one.

I wont be hosting default DXMP maps as this is something I really want to avoid, the goal of the server is to offer a different experience to other servers by having exclusively custom maps. I want to see the community being creative and the FGS 0-Augs server gives the opportunity for mappers to get their work hosted alongside fellow mapper's work which I think is a cool thing.

DXMS had a similar vision some years back and it proved a popular server with the community. Some years have passed since then and nothing has filled the void and so I wanted to do something similar with [FGS]. Although I want to host superior quality maps with a proper length time for beta testing so mappers can get sufficient feedback which will hopefully lead to decent quality and playable bug-free maps, something that DXMS struggled to achieve due to an insufficient and inadequate beta testing phase.

Below are the maps hosted as of today, their sizes are roughly calculated.

Small maps

DXMP_Bound
DXMP_DressingRoom
DXMP_Mini_Dust
DXMP_Pool

Medium maps

DXMP_Abbottabad
DXMP_NYC_Statue
DXMP_Stalkyard
DXMP_Snow

Large maps

DXMP_Jail_Break_beta2_3
DXMP_Office_beta5
DXMP_StrangeDocks_beta1
DXMP_Yard8_beta2_3

When you put it like this Chinny, and make the DXMS comparison, it makes a lot of sense.

Fear wrote:Maps: DXMP_Smuggler, DXMP_Pool, DXMP_Iceworld & DXMP_Elevation

1. arrgh.

2. It's your server, I respect your choices.

3. Will this be called FGS 0-aug 2 or something?

The server will be just pure fighting, short games and instant action, no spawn protection, no other items bar the 4 weapons mentioned, and all small maps, most people probably prefer the total opposite but i know there are a bunch of players that just want to get straight in and not search for enemies, open/close doors, use lifts, use bots, all that sorta stuff, its just the absolute basics, i find that once i've played a small map and a big one comes on after i get extremely impatient.

Its a server that simulates how a clan war would be in 0 augs, nothing but a short time limit and a gun, thats my aim with it really. I could call it [FGS] zero augs lite or something, originally i wasnt going to include the [FGS] tag based on the fact i'm probably the only player who prefers this sort of server

2004-2014
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 14 Mar 2012, 21:44

Hmm.. the map DX.dx should completely fulfill your demands then! :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
-Majin-
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby -Majin- » 14 Mar 2012, 21:55

SPAZ ROFELZ wrote:Nigga's gonna get all interpol on your americunt ass

Pftt I ain't scurred nigguh :matrix:

Bring yo mama to hold ur hand muppet (:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Mar 2012, 13:26

Fair enough Dan, sounds like it will be intense and noob-free hopefully.

killed
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: FGS 0Augs - Postby killed » 26 Mar 2012, 17:40

Sup guys. Check 0 augs please, player NightWolf spamming tons of metabolic end product ruining the game. Thanks.

Return to Complaints/suggestions about/for FGS