2 MB's in 2 months Mapping Challenge

The time is right for a suicide!
Fisk
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: 2 MB's in 2 months Mapping Challenge

Post by Fisk »

I know I'm like coming out of nowhere, and have not been a regular on these forums, but something made me come out of my Deus Ex hiatus and check good ole FGS, and I would like to join this map challenge as well, I would like to see how much I can or can't do in 2 MBs. :-D
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Post by Psycho »

You should post it in AB Forums Kalman.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Fisk wrote:I know I'm like coming out of nowhere, and have not been a regular on these forums, but something made me come out of my Deus Ex hiatus and check good ole FGS, and I would like to join this map challenge as well, I would like to see how much I can or can't do in 2 MBs. :-D

Aliasing mapper? Who cares, welcome to the challenge. Definitely read the criteria carefully and figure how to maximize your points. Oh and GOOD LUCK!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

Welcome aboard Fisk, you have the best part of two months so you can take it fairly slowly, any issues you should post here and we'll be happy to help.
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Post by ~DJ~ »

~DJ~ teh sexiest man alive on the whole universe wrote:ALSO I NOTICED I WAS LISTED ON THE JUDGES BUT NOW I'M REMOVED SO WHAT IS THISSS. :oops:

on a serious note, if I was considered and then removed from being a Judge because of stating that I have examinations, it's going to be over in about a month now, so I thought why not. (since it will take about two months for the judges to 'judge') :-)
Last edited by ~DJ~ on 07 Apr 2012, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

I can't say, but I'm guessing because Face and I are prolific mappers, with a lot of hosting time under our belts. It's been suggested that Nobody or Dae judge. They are a lot less busy than yourself, I've heard you're very busy with DXSM right now and working on your own RPG too.

Personally I would have liked you to enter, you're very talented and I think you could win, because techniques are important to make a cool idea work and you could come up with something new.

Nobody would be a good balance. He's talented at "fun" and I think will see the playability of a map from all players point of view.
Dae would be a good judge as he's judged before.
Ste is a strong player and quality mapper, but he's decided to enter the contest.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Now I have done things asked of me by members, I will give the challenge a go. 13 day's to make a 2 mb map starting now for me. No doubt it will be a bag of **** :bwahaha: either way I will try and through something together in this short space of time.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

[FGS]Chees wrote:Now I have done things asked of me by members, I will give the challenge a go. 13 day's to make a 2 mb map starting now for me. No doubt it will be a bag of **** :bwahaha: either way I will try and through something together in this short space of time.

It's two months so you have one month and thirteen days, enough to take your time!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

I'm a month ahead.. stupid pc clock! Ok that's a good thing then it gives me time to think of a good idea to start from. :)
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

A month behind* it meant.
At this rate I have no chance! meh!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

Updated original post and news on portal page.
[3]Ste
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Post by [3]Ste »

I am entering but for now I am thinking of an Idea. I do struggle with original ideas but Im sure one will crop up.
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Post by [FGS]Kalman »

If you need ideas, check this: http://www.greatbuildings.com/
deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

Welcome to the challenge Ste, you have a little over six weeks so it's about 50 KB's per day!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Thanks for the link Kalman. Although I'm still mind blank on what to do yet! It's a shame you have dibs on the Lighthouse :(