Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Server moved but map is stuck. HELP PLS

Author
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Server moved but map is stuck. HELP PLS - Postby anax » 25 Jun 2015, 12:13

i3D have moved my server because of maintenance, after transferring my maps, mods, mutators, and textures it was initially invisible cause the IP address was exactly the same as the DXAG server, including the 4 digit port number. The ticket from i3D gave me 7791 as the number, but the live control panel continues to show it as being 7830... I have tried inputting both of those numbers into the .ini where Port=XXXX and restarting, In addition to that I've tried as many settings relating the maps and the maplist as I can think of but it's still stuck with the default "DX" map and won't change, Admin servertravel doesn't work.
This happened halfway through my contract and my server is the only non-homehosted ATDM server, so yeah not really too chuffed. Anyone have some idea how to help fix this, please?! :matrix:

Knowing this is Deus Ex, it's equally likely the fault is some batshit crazy minor error that borks the gears of the whole system without notice. #-o

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Server moved but map is stuck. HELP PLS - Postby synthetic » 26 Jun 2015, 19:17

Tell them to start the server with correct command and correct executable.

Since DXMP hosts usually have no idea what they are doing, it is you that'll have to check and double check that they are using the right command (that you supplied them with). Techies there might understand the issue if you explain them what is happening and that your server actually does have a map called 'Dx.Dx'. If that doesn't help you figure out what they are doing wrong, then at least maybe it'll help them figure it out. I don't remember precise commands for MTL, miniMTL, default etc anymore, but the way they are starting your server is likely the issue (maybe using wrong ini or whatnot).

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Server moved but map is stuck. HELP PLS - Postby anax » 28 Jun 2015, 18:48

Thanks for the heads up, I figured the problem was on I3D's end, I tried backing up and then deleting or replacing other files that seemed like they could be causing trouble, but nothing changed. After doing all this checking the only place left to look was the log and what I found is both completely insane and also hilarious.

The server simply couldn't jump to any other map because ALL the default texture files were missing!
The log also showed that a localization file was missing, but I couldn't gather what or where it was, it doesn't seem to matter anyway, I3D still shows the server as being offline for some odd reason, but I'm standing in there in Smuggler right now so I guess that doesn't matter either.
I'll still email them about that part and also inform them that future hosters of DX servers may encounter the same faults.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Server moved but map is stuck. HELP PLS - Postby TheWolf » 28 Jun 2015, 20:07

This is why I switched to renting a VPS, you don't have to put up with many metabolic end product like that.

Ingame: Sev

Return to Deus Ex