Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Author
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby Tidus » 27 Aug 2016, 21:38

Anyone here played it yet? What are your thoughts about it so far? Dont spoil anything btw im 32 hours in and still going.

Also i found this :D

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 01 Sep 2016, 13:53

I'll buy it in the next 2 weeks and get started, can't wait!

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 01 Sep 2016, 17:58

Kewl.. DX1 easteregg! :matrix:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby Tidus » 01 Sep 2016, 23:30

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Kewl.. DX1 easteregg! :matrix:

found a second one near the end of the game

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby Kaiden » 04 Sep 2016, 18:44

There's plenty of DX1 references which is always nice, from moon base references in emails, to Bob Page/Versalife being prominent, to Hong Kong music from DX1 on the radio (same as last game). Also multi-tools are back, although as you can hack everything they're pretty moot compared to DX1.

I'm about two thirds in, but hearing the ending leaves you wanting more. I've taken my time and explored everywhere/done all side quests though, so expecting 40 hours+ gameplay at least.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby Tidus » 05 Sep 2016, 02:35

Kaiden wrote:There's plenty of DX1 references which is always nice, from moon base references in emails, to Bob Page/Versalife being prominent, to Hong Kong music from DX1 on the radio (same as last game). Also multi-tools are back, although as you can hack everything they're pretty moot compared to DX1.

I'm about two thirds in, but hearing the ending leaves you wanting more. I've taken my time and explored everywhere/done all side quests though, so expecting 40 hours+ gameplay at least.

Well bob page, versa life etc are not really references if they use them in the game itself as story parts. also Joseph Manderley in his young form makes an appearance which is nice.

I was thinking that i heard some dx1 music somewhere but couldnt say from where and what it was.
The multitools are kind of boring and just there so i forgot they existed until like the last 15% of the game. Also i never noticed that you could upgrade your weapons with the parts you find everywhere until i was 2000 parts in and they took three big chunks out of my inventory with nothing interessting to build out of them (or atleast i didnt need any of it).

I have mixed opinions about this game and i hope further DLCs will bring more to the world. I have my hopes up for DLCs like "the missing link" from human revolution which was awesome.

i HOPED that you meet Joseph Manderley in the game itself or bob page/the unatco building (funny thing that NSF got a reference in this game but i didnt notice any UNATCO references) but nope :(

Finished the game at around 38 hours of playtime going after almost every side mission and interessting places the game gives you or i was able to find but only playing the story missions you could see the credits probably in around 7-10 hours or so.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby synthetic » 14 Sep 2016, 00:36

Think its another one of those quickie games where you basically pay full price for Episode 1, and wait for next one. Once theyve released all 3 or howmany games, you can probably enjoy a full Deus Ex.

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby Kuchcik » 09 Dec 2016, 17:20

It was pretty good.
Bought all of those DLC's like a tool.

Even though it doesn't really compare in anything to the original, I'll probably buy everything that comes out just to keep the franchise alive.

also, hello there if anyone still browses these boards

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 10 Dec 2016, 16:46

Hi Kush!

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby TheWolf » 14 Dec 2016, 02:44

Coming soon to a server near you... DXMP: Community Divided, between Darko and his pals, anyone who gives a metabolic end product, and anyone who doesn't give a metabolic end product!!!!!!!

Ingame: Sev
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby Kuchcik » 14 Jan 2017, 22:47

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Hi Kush!

Hey buddy!

TheWolf wrote:Coming soon to a server near you... DXMP: Community Divided, between Darko and his pals, anyone who gives a metabolic end product, and anyone who doesn't give a metabolic end product!!!!!!!

Maybe stop enabling that poor kid, he obviously has some problems.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Postby Tidus » 02 Feb 2017, 22:29

Kuchcik wrote:It was pretty good.
Bought all of those DLC's like a tool.

Even though it doesn't really compare in anything to the original, I'll probably buy everything that comes out just to keep the franchise alive.

also, hello there if anyone still browses these boards

I really dont like all the DLC policy everyone is doing but i will probably buy every DLC there is for DX:MD because its a very good game after all.
But still the sour taste that the main game got cut in some ways (especially the end) keeps me from buying the DLCs at full price. going to wait for a steam sale.

TheWolf wrote:Coming soon to a server near you... DXMP: Community Divided, between Darko and his pals, anyone who gives a metabolic end product, and anyone who doesn't give a metabolic end product!!!!!!!

Count me in the "i dont give a metabolic end product" boat pls. i dont even know whats going on. :wink:

Return to Deus Ex