Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Moving on

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Moving on - Postby Kaiden » 25 Oct 2020, 14:48

WRONG! Masterserver was shut down later!

"Effective May 31, 2014, GameSpy will cease providing all hosted services for all games still using GameSpy."

So yeah, by end of 2013 the master server was on the verge of shutting down - didn't make it 6 months into 2014 before it was gone.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you
RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Moving on - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 25 Oct 2020, 14:50

Remember DejaVu and DOGNY's trap master servers?

If you connected to one of their servers it edited your ini to a fake masterserver lol

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Moving on - Postby Kaiden » 25 Oct 2020, 14:58

Oh jeez yup, and Alex had one's running on their master server to set it back to normal plus add his Deus Ex Network masterserver. Stuff was getting complicated and you could start modifying player's machines just by them joining, even place files on their computers, so thankfully that code never leaked.

It was how the final version of AdvBan kept players off your server permanently, and people like HDD21 were literally reinstalling Windows to get around it. Also if Darko played against Alpha post 2013 I can't think of anyone who was still actively playing, clan had been gone for years. Maybe odd one joined out of nostalgia like me, certainly no one was in fighting form with regular play.

<-(DD)->Darko

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: Moving on - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 25 Oct 2020, 15:34

Kaiden wrote:
WRONG! Masterserver was shut down later!

"Effective May 31, 2014, GameSpy will cease providing all hosted services for all games still using GameSpy."

So yeah, by end of 2013 the master server was on the verge of shutting down - didn't make it 6 months into 2014 before it was gone.

Yes, but they said 2013 was dead because of masterserver problems and most clans went away, thats wrong. Very wrong. There was just one year when servers dropped to under 10, but people returned back vera fast once they realized.

Kaiden wrote:Oh jeez yup, and Alex had one's running on their master server to set it back to normal plus add his Deus Ex Network masterserver. Stuff was getting complicated and you could start modifying player's machines just by them joining, even place files on their computers, so thankfully that code never leaked.

It was how the final version of AdvBan kept players off your server permanently, and people like HDD21 were literally reinstalling Windows to get around it. Also if Darko played against Alpha post 2013 I can't think of anyone who was still actively playing, clan had been gone for years. Maybe odd one joined out of nostalgia like me, certainly no one was in fighting form with regular play.

Nah, he was not in shape, but we played a lot, he had higher ping on Machetes also, but I think we switched servers few time, was cool guy. I remember details about him, he told me something, and you would probably know who he is, but I cant debate about someone's private life. Cant actually say if he had clan marks, but he did say he is from Alpha. Cool guy for sure.

<-(DD)->Darko

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: Moving on - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 25 Oct 2020, 15:39

As far as I know R clan despite going away, still returns to playing here and then, I know Unknown returned in 2017, and he was in better shape than me back then, actually he was in impressive shape I would say he was best player in 2017, I told that to him directly. Cool person.

Also RA comes back every year, I know guys from italia join every year own server where we play and have fun.

There is also ZxC server, they host every year.

Die and Poor host servers.

Sev is always around, and so on and so on.

No mater if active or not, players weak marks still and actually I see those marks in other games still.

I was surprised when I have meet Cannabbis in Entropia Universe!!!! From same clan as Blade! Well that was surprise, specially when I found out hes Croat?!

Life is full of suprices. Since I played a lot I know exactly who and when played. Sadly last 2-3 years because of some tragedies I was not so much around, then work, then some health issues......... So ye, I am not as much around as I was, but never left DX.

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Moving on - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 25 Oct 2020, 23:32

TLDR as usual

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Moving on - Postby Fear » 26 Oct 2020, 03:35

RodNeySaLaMi wrote:TLDR as usual

You ain't missing much it's basically just Darko spouting some stuff again he doesn't know any better about, 2013 is a massive year for him in DXMP because it was his first full one.

Most of us had played a decade or close to by then and were nearing the end of, if not already stopped playing daily but it was perfect timing if you ask me, he's more powerful than all previous DX trolls we had to put up with over the years, did you see them damn screenshots?

See you in game people all the enjoys to all good honourable ppl :wave:

2004-2014
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Moving on - Postby Kaiden » 26 Oct 2020, 17:06

I think Dogny was the biggest troll and I can barely remember him - I remember AdvBan was pretty much developed for him and HDD21, and he'd regularly host servers with the names bashing us, whilst ripping off mods and maps, make them worse then rename them as his own. Was very dedicated.

Enjoy in happy :wave:

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Moving on - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 26 Oct 2020, 20:42

:wave:

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

<-(DD)->Darko

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: Moving on - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 26 Oct 2020, 21:24

HDD21 - aka sidewinder? Better player than all 3 of you together, FIRST person that beaten me on sniperbox EVER! I returned to him, but wow that was shock! Since then he has my respect, him and Ajit were kinda my cryptonite. Seriously hard to play against them and ChickenSalsa and B-Dawg.

Dogny never liked me, but ye, he was on of a kind, for sure.

About you guys, will say what I said to FITSG: "You can be insulted unless comes from legit and good person". Based on fucktards that speak about me, I cant even process or register insults. Irrelevant assholes.

People say: "Who speaks about others mostly dont have anything interesting in own life". Right, trio rio?

Have fun, and stay freakin scared. Ps: Nice strategy yesterday! I was in game 40 minutes waiting for that douche! Then he sent DARKSpartan on main chat and forum, he distracted me, while he "played in server" and talked that I should spawn! When I finally heard him I joined and fucker left! female sex organ! After he said he is there I came again 2 times, and he was not there.

Scared fucks. Manipulative bitches. No good words about such fuckholes. Stay cunts.

With that said I finished with female sex organ's that bark a lot but cant even play against me cause scared little fucks. From now on, I restict access to ma materials to those irrelevant fucks, and if they try to come on my work I will smash their work with epic ammount of dislikes! Aint threat, its just a friendyl warning. You did that last time. Repeat it one more time, and I will attack back all your friends , NOT ONLY YOU. All will suffer with epic ammount of dislikes on their work.

I cant play dirty also, as I said i freakin dont like cunts. [-X

Have fun, venera's hills!

\:D/

<-(DD)->Darko

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: Moving on - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 26 Oct 2020, 21:28

Sorry Nobody, last time I wasted my words, but was proper for end.

Hope will see more FGS guys online in DX, and if not, hope you guys return in URT5!!!! It will look awesome!

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Moving on - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 26 Oct 2020, 21:55

HDD21 was before your time, child. As for the rest of your post: TLDR. :wave:

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Moving on - Postby Kaiden » 27 Oct 2020, 00:17

No idea who Sidewinder is but it wasn't HDD21. HDD was long gone by 2013. He actually came back in 2012 to post briefly and seemed to have grown up.

Scared fucks. Manipulative bitches. No good words about such fuckholes. Stay cunts.

Aggressive.

Stay in happy :wave:

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Moving on - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 27 Oct 2020, 00:35

He posted in Alpha saying he was gay, which is nice.

#staygay :wave:

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Moving on - Postby Kaiden » 27 Oct 2020, 00:48

Yeah admitted he was 12 when playing Deus Ex and had a bit of a midlife crisis at 16, hope he's doing well regardless. Keep finding gems;

Hanover Fist wrote:If I didn't know any better I'd say u smoked some strong herb that straightened your head out (if not your orientation lol)

He was just annoying with a lot of time on his hands, Dogny on the other hand pretty sure was a grown guy with issues.

Stay in homosexual :wave:

Return to Deus Ex