My funline experience

The time is right for a suicide!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

My funline experience

Post by ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ »

Today I joined a server full of guys from DXP with Funline-Unlimited-3 map on it.
It was ridiculus.
I spawned and was shot immediately by a DXP with a DEagle several times. But I wanted to stay.
I wanted to get one of those guns too so I started slaughtering them with Fire Swords. It was very difficult as my ping was about 400 so it was hard to hit them. But I killed many of them.
After about 5 mins of playing I got in the shop and got a Desert Eagle. That gun's pretty overpowered. I started killing people and was said to be cheater, hacker etc. Funny to see that these guys totally lack skills, all they want is shop and admin powers. In the end they found themselves with non of these things. I actually enjoyed it because as they were unskilled and fun to kill. Infinte bio was turned on too.
Then I had to make a screenshot.
Attachments
Shot0003.PNG
Shot0003.PNG (969.51 KiB) Viewed 10313 times
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Post by Tidus »

Yeah i know that map it was prety funny too play there but Desert Eagle is way too powerfull hehe. ignores walls and and and.. well but funny too attack the shop and take them over. And yeah most of the servers are *loving* laggy only the "admin" has ping 0. i think i know all the secrets in that map hehe
L00TER
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Post by L00TER »

id assume that to be my server
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Post by Kaiden »

I've been on there a little while, some guy called "[DR]Redrainn" has pretended to be an Admin for a while, and kept threating to ban me every time I killed him, one time he said "If you don't let me in the shop I'll put you in the ban list" but without capitals etc. The idiotic thing was he had like 60 kills himself >_<
Last edited by Kaiden on 24 Nov 2008, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Post by SPAZ ROFELZ »

That's not ironic, that's just idiotic.
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Post by Kaiden »

SPAZ ROFELZ wrote:That's not ironic, that's just idiotic.
Fine fixed. :-)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

No disrespect to funline lovers...
Today I joined a server full of guys from DXP with Funline-Unlimited-3 map on it.
This is the error in my opinion.
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Post by Skilgannon »

Noob question, what the hell is funline, and what's wrong with it? :?:
* Since when were you the one in control?
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Post by Kuchcik »

Skilgannon wrote:Noob question, what the hell is funline, and what's wrong with it? :?:
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

i lol'd
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Skilgannon wrote:Noob question, what the hell is funline
go to alpha, click on "projects", read.
and what's wrong with it? :?:
It has been blamed as contributing partially to a demise in players.
Alpha argued there will always be a need for funline.
I would agree that there is a need for non-combat servers, where a player can breath from noob-bashing. DX was a lot more brutal in 2005, dominated by US and Dutch players lambasting newbs for being newbs. Godzserver demorecs will explain what I mean.

The issues are:
1. If a person testing Deus Ex can only enter servers populated, which are funline servers, they will get an extremely poor overview of mp and the editing community, since the maps dont conform to Deus Ex mapping. Sometimes it was the case that newb clans ran funline, admin abused and these servers were the busy populated ones. Go figure. Funline obviously has it's uses.
2. Tactics on funline tend to focus on turrets and noob kills.
3. Funline maps generally are abused by administrators, and according to EDH's allegations/findings, mappers/editors too. Admins tend to have the highest score.
4. Most players join a map, dont have a wep, get killed. They fail to see the fun.
5. People accuse funline servers of breeding bad players.
Personally I dont like "RPG" or "Fun"line... for reason no 4.
RPG involves "hacking" a turret to win it seems, or licking admin arse to get a wep and kill unarmed players.
I can see the appeal for young people though, of hanging out on a funline server. But for me, its more fun to battle... than to run about killing unarmed newbs.

I am not a fan of funline, but I have had great games on big flying party and xmas party etc...

It shows that coding and modding is more important than mapping.

Compare DXSG_Orbital and BigFlyingParty...

same music, same shape kind of, different textures, quality of brushwork, and detail and realism, but which map is more popular and going to be hosted by several clans in the future???

go figure. Its like Iceworld being more popular than DXMP_Smuggler.
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Post by SPAZ ROFELZ »

I always laugh at funline, because it's always the polish people who are the shopkeepers.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Post by ~][FGS][Nobody~ »

That doesn't surprise me, tbh. :lol:
Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)
chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.
synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.
~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Polish people are everywhere. UrT, WarRock, DX, Ventrilo, CoD2..
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Post by Kaiden »

I don't mind Funline, sometimes people think less of it when the server hoster is no-clipping and killing everyone but meh. It's a simple map made a long time ago xD