FGS 0 Aug server

It is considered a privilege for some to get off-topic so here it is, a forum for off-topic discussion.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

FGS 0 Aug server

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Post all 0 Aug maps you have made (no originals already out there) so FGS can host them as Kalman said thats what is going to happen hopefully in the new year. I'll post screen shots of jail break next week again and also after I've made some much needed changes to the map and release as protected (Nobody) can bypass this if chin demo (with my say so) wants to change a few/a lot of things! Discuss. also can you make this post non public just FGS and FGS-T?
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Re: FGS 0 Aug server

Post by ~][FGS][Nobody~ »

You could have posted it in the FGS off-topic forum! :o
I know you currently don't have access to a suitable private forum yet.
We're still not fully decided about what forums are accessible for FGS trial members yet.

So yeah..

~MOVED TO FGS-Offtopic~
Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)
chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.
synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.
~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

I'm new to how you forums work I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Thanks Nobody.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

That's no problem, Chees.
Actually (as the forum name says) this is not the right place, but as temporary solution (until we've finished organizing), you can post all FGS internal topics into this forum. :o
The same counts to Majster.
Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.
synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Post by Majster »

I remember in 2010 year was FGS 0 augs server, I think back this server is very good idea. Currently aren't really good 0 augs server in DXMP, DXUK is maybe good server, but there is only few maps, so it's boring.
ShadowRunner wrote: There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Post by [FGS]Kalman »

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Last year, I was still hosting two FGS servers simultaneously.
This worked because in most cases either the one server was active or the second one.

Due to a lack of activity, I closed the 0aug server for the good of altfire.
Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Post by ~DJ~ »

wasn't it Hawk's server.. if I remember, He was hosting CTF, we convinced him to host 0Augs IIRC?! :oops:

Still though, NOOO WE WANT SG 0 AUG!!1..
perhaps we could have both, SG maps loads SG gametype, normal maps have 0aug maps. :oops:
That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Post by Mastakilla »

I for one love the idea of a 0 aug server waiting for me upon my return :-D

Also, reading the opening post out loud is not advised for people with astma :alc:
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

So yeah basically the plan is for me to host our xmas mod (when it's ready) up until the new year, and then host a 0 aug server with new custom made maps by members of [FGS] and others. I have quite a few maps to host made this year, Kalman has a map and Chees has one too, so already we have enough for a server no doubt. :matrix:

If anyone is interested in making a 0 aug map do it!!! I can host betas to get feedback etc. I guess my only rule would be not to have massive maps on the server as I am looking to create a fast flowing fun server, much like a modern day DXMS would be my goal.

If you want to post your map Chees so I could have a look at it and see if anything should need changing before you make it final that would be cool, I always get another modder to check my maps for errors before making final, incidentally I don't protect any of my maps so people can have a look at them in the SDK if they want to learn from them etc.

btw chees you can see my maps made this year (along with others) at the link below if you're interested.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Thanks Chin Dem.
Last edited by [FGS]Chees on 30 Nov 2011, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

i might post locked and change it myself if needs be. i have many 0 aug maps i can finish ready for serve next year
Last edited by [FGS]Chees on 30 Nov 2011, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Post by Mastakilla »

There's really no need to protect your maps anymore, community is small and as long as you've posted screenshots of the map in development, everyone will know the map is yours. And thieves will be frowned upon. :-D
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

0 aug maps or small maps why not but an RPGs maps nah I won't be doing that! Lmao