JailBreak

Multiplayer Maps
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Re: JailBreak

Post by [FGS]Chees »

I'll send you the map tomorrow so far as I've change a few things we can work on it together from there.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

Okay cool. :matrix:
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Well done,

Try to post screenies of maps, when you post a map. Thanks.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Feel free to host. B1.1 on the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Post by chin.democ. »

I've put it on server, I would say it looks better with the toned down lighting, there's some really dark spots in areas which will need to be lit for 1.1. Otherwise great job. :cool:
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

I agree Chin but many people asked for dark areas so I gave them it and some liked it all lit. In 1.1 I have a few ideas and some more interesting figure it out under ground stuff. :D Thanks for you advise along the way.. very much appreciated :)
Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Post by Alessi »

Damn..I like..
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Post by [FGS]Kalman »

nice signature
deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Dark areas look good. But there had better not be some pitch black roof or top of wall that you can camp in stealth mode chees :D

I'm glad to see someone using colour temperatures in lighting. Makes it look so much more pro.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

Well you have Chin.Demo to thank for that. Pointing it out to me, telling me how to go about colour temperatures in lighting, blending and wot not. Kalman and Nobody have been a big help for me when mapping so thanks to all of them is in order I think!
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Post by Majster »

I found some bug. Entrance on server couldn't possible by this map (earlier was everything well).
map.PNG

bug.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShadowRunner wrote: There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Post by [FGS]Chees »

I already messaged chin about the error MJ and hopefully we will get it working. This map has been a problem from day one. my apologies for any inconvenience.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

There was a "crash", everyone timed out, but the map itself did not crash, it appeared not to restart, but stay on the map.

You might find it quicker to simply copy paste all the brushes to a new map and relight and redecorate the map.

On jailbreak it is not so much of an issue, but I've noticed on some of our recent 0-aug maps, that spawnrooms are identical, which can confuse players and make it feel less real. It's disorientation. Even just making the deco different in both rooms would help the player know where he is immediately. Take Twinz for example, when you spawn, you know exactly where you are.

Adding some signage around maps might help. It helps players to call-out enemy locations as well, and gives the map a story too.

If the error persists, I'm happy to have a go and remove it. I noticed the light has got brighter? so I wonder if lights have duplicated themselves in the same spot. Or actors like crates have duplicated themselves and one actor when frobbed causes the error.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

ok I really like version 2... especially the broken jail bars...

one little thing... I guess no-one ever told you, vents need to be 80x 80, yours seem to be 64 x 64.

It's impossible to enter the vent in the outside area under the bridge. Also one vent near the spawn hut that has now 2 doors.

In fact vents can be slightly less than 80, but since it's possible 2 players could be inside a vent, normally mappers do 80 for MP
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Post by Mastakilla »

ShadowRunner wrote:ok I really like version 2... especially the broken jail bars...

one little thing... I guess no-one ever told you, vents need to be 80x 80, yours seem to be 64 x 64.

It's impossible to enter the vent in the outside area under the bridge. Also one vent near the spawn hut that has now 2 doors.

In fact vents can be slightly less than 80, but since it's possible 2 players could be inside a vent, normally mappers do 80 for MP

72x72 worked for me